Chapter 1141 - 1145

Reborn Aristocrat: Return of the Vicious Heiress - Chapter 1141

Chapter 1141: Si Yiyan’s Bedtime Story

After listening to Si Yiyan’s instructions over the phone and watching the tutorial video that he had sent her, Wen Xinya finally folded a blanket properly in a reasonably acceptable manner before 5:30 PM.

Ye Feiyu witnessed the entire process and even made fun of her for it. The thought of the looks on her roommates’ faces made Wen Xinya feel incredibly embarrassed.

The lights went out at 11 PM and the freshmen went to bed.

However, Wen Xinya tossed and turned in bed continuously because she could not fall asleep.

Wen Xinya could only fall asleep on either her own bed or those that she was familiar with. Hence, she could not get used to the cold and hard single-sized bed at all. She felt like she would knock into her roommate as soon as she flipped to the side and felt rather uncomfortable.

Bored out of her wits, she hid beneath her blanket and sent Si Yiyan a text message which read: “The bed is hard and narrow. I feel like I’m lying on the ground. My entire body aches and I can’t fall asleep at all.”

She could not help but miss the huge black sandalwood bed that she usually slept on in the Wen Family mansion. She particularly enjoyed the mild fragrance of sandalwood. She also thought about the eaglewood bed that used to belong to her mother, in the Mo Family home which had a warm and mild aroma. At the same time, she also missed the large Hainan eaglewood bed in Lishan Mansion, which was paved with rare sable. It was her absolute favorite.

After drawing comparisons, she finally realized that she had unknowingly been spoiled rotten by Si Yiyan.

Si Yiyan soon replied, “Imagine that you’re lying on the sable bed at home and you’ll fall asleep soon.”

Wen Xinya replied, “I’m doing that. Doesn’t work!”

Next, Wen Xinya’s mobile phone began to ring.

Fortunately, she had put it in silent mode and hence, did not wake her roommates up. After a moment of hesitation, she answered the call but dared not say anything.

Si Yiyan said, “You don’t have to say a single word. I’ll tell you a story and you’ll fall asleep very soon.”

Wen Xinya’s heart was filled with a warm and fuzzy feeling. Throughout her childhood, she had never once been told bedtime stories. She heard that listening to bedtime stories was the best and most unforgettable memory one could have of their childhood.

To her surprise, the person who would be fulfilling her dreams of enjoying such a blissful moment turned out to be Si Yiyan.

Si Yiyan’s voice was particularly pleasant and refined like the melody of ancient instruments. He began to narrate the story of Athena in a deep and alluring voice.

There were variations in his tone and he used a wide vocabulary as well, thus making the story sound much more interesting and less dull.

Wen Xinya began to get engrossed in the story while listening to his narration.

Soon, his voice began to sound muffled as she was hit with a wave of sleepiness.

Next, she fell asleep!

During her sleep, she dreamed of herself being in a pink room that was full of happiness. Her mother extended her arms and said, “Xinya, come to Mommy!”

The toddler Wen Xinya scurried towards her mother, only to stumble and fall accidentally. She got up from the ground aggrievedly and leaped into her mother’s arms. “Mommy, hug me!”