12. Pop a Boner

Ryan

I texted Elijah.

I'm thinking of skipping last lesson. Meet me by the corner shop after school.

I put my phone away then started heading towards the side exit when something caught my attention. It was Nate.

Where was he going?

He certainly wasn't heading to his next lesson given that he was heading away from the building.

It might have seemed hypocritical of me, but it maddened me to think that Nate would skip classes. Nate was middle of the road when it came to brains. He didn't struggle in classes but he didn't do that well either.

I sped up and grabbed hold of his collar before he could leave school grounds.

"What the fuck!" he exclaimed, before turning round to see my scowling face.

His body sagged. "What the fuck Ryan, why can't you leave me alone?"

"Leave you alone? Yeah, and where did that get you? Being Callum Mason's drug bitch!"

"I said, I'll stop didn't I?" Nate said, squirming around in my grip as I started dragging him back towards the school building.

"You and I both know it's not as simple as that," I growled out. "And the best way to escape that shit for good, is to get yourself a proper education."

Nate scoffed at my words, but he stopped pulling against me and seemed resigned to his fate of going back to class.

I saw him to the door of his Geography class then headed back down the corridor.

"And where do you think you're going?" a voice asked me. It was Mr Phillips, the headmaster.

"Erm, class?" I answered.

"Well you better hurry then Ryan, and I'll be checking to make sure you attended."

I rolled my eyes and headed off to my IT class. It was a totally pointless lesson as the teacher could never be bothered to teach us anything and just left us to mess around on the computers.

I spent most of the lesson sketching. It was my favourite way to pass time and relax. Well, that and playing the guitar. I loved to make patterns out of everyday shapes. Today's was a little more PG than my last doodle. It was made up of guitars and microphones.....although from a certain angel the microphones looked like -

The bell rang out for the end of the day, and I slowly packed up my things. I needed to make my way to the shop to meet Elijah. Surprisingly, I wasn't bothered about meeting him. I mean, usually anything to do with work would have me groaning in annoyance, but somehow Elijah seemed to make the thought bearable.

I started heading out of school, keeping my eyes peeled for any signs of Elijah.

I noticed a bit of a commotion going on over by the east side gate, and curiosity got the better of me so I slowly made my way over.

I pushed past some of the gathering crowd until I heard the unmistakable voice of Freddie shouting,

"Fucking hell, I gave you ALL day!! That was fucking generous of me, I'd say!"

I felt it in my gut before I saw who he was shouting at. And sure enough, Elijah was cowering in Freddie's grip.

"Shit!" I mumbled under my breath.

I suppose this was one of those times where I should protect him.

I glanced around and saw that everyone was fixated on the show in front of them, and no one had really noticed my presence.