11

all of them stares at jay and jungwon, who was being extra clingy and giggly beside each other. they were all together again for lunch but it seems like the two has a world on their own.

"so did our plan work?" sunoo ask, taking a bite of his cookie.

ni-ki looks at him with a confused look. "what plan are you talking about?" 

"oh, you weren't informed about it? jay hyung took him on a date yesterday to confess that his feelings for jungwon and that he's ready to be in a serious relationship with him." sunoo happily says, not noticing the way ni-ki's face turn into a look of disapproval. "it looks like it had a good outcome judging by the way they are all over each other right now."

"I'm so happy jay has finally decided to settle. I'm so tired making excuses for him whenever one of his flings are looking for him." jake let out an exaggerated sigh making them laugh.

"you know I can hear you, right?" jay said.

"oh we thought the only presence you're seeing right now is jungwon's." heeseung says.

sunghoon then gasped. "wow you can actually see us?"

they continue making fun of the couple while one remains silent. ni-ki watches them and can't help but feel upset. jay was supposed to be weeping already, broken after confessing to jungwon. just like what they just planned. but he is hearing from their friends that they are in good terms and might be official already.

"shut up. it's not like all of you are any better than us." jungwon said referring to the two other couple. "we're not denying that we're clingy with each other but sunghoon hyung and sunoo hyung are worse than us, admit it."

sunghoon felt flustered at this while sunoo scowls at his friend. "this isn't about us. come on, tell us how'd it go. what happened yesterday? I bet jungwon was too shock to form words that he just kissed you all of a sudden." sunoo jokes.

"in fact, he actually d--"

"I did not!" jungwon stomps at jay's foot under the table to shut him up. the latter tried hiding the pain he was bearing but he was miserably failing with his face.

"what's wrong with you?" heeseung asked after noticing him.

"he's having tummy ache since yesterday. poor baby, hmm?" jungwon answers for him.

jay would have been annoyed by now but jungwon just placed a kiss on his cheeks and called him baby so yeah, that melts the ice.

"I've lost my appetite." ni-ki then let's go of his utensils, creating a sound on their table before walking away from them.

"okay now what's wrong with him?"

jungwon watches the retreating figure before standing up, "I'll go follow and ask him." he didn't let the other answer as he follows ni-ki.

it wasn't hard for him to find ni-ki since he knows he'll be at the school's gym. his guts didn't fail him because he saw the younger, sitting at the bench alone while using his phone. 

jungwon slowly walks towards ni-ki and sat down beside him. ni-ki wasn't acknowledging his presence at first but when jungwon made a sound, it made him look up from his phone.

"jungwon hyung, I warned you." he mumbles but loud enough for the other to hear.

jungwon gave him a small smile before patting his back. "I'm sorry if I won't be able to finish our plan."

"it's not about the plan anymore, hyung. I'm afraid of what could happen to you." ni-ki raised his voice. "you know jay hyung is a freaking playboy."

"yes, I know that he is a playboy. that's why we made this plan that I should make him fall for me and then break him in the end. so he'll know what his victims had felt." jungwon let's out a sigh. "and I succeed to make him fall for me. the only thing left now is for me to tell him it was all just an act, that I never really love him." 

"then do it. I rather have you actually breaking his heart."

"no, I can't. because I do love him for real now and I know he does too. so I'm sorry if I failed you but I'm hoping you'll be happy for me." 

a few minutes of silence envelopes them. ni-ki was thinking about it. should he let jungwon be in the hands of someone like jay? jungwon has been his bestfriend since he was little so of course he'll be worried. he cares for him a lot.

he has seen jungwon get his heart broken before too and he doesn't want that again. but he had no choice anymore, jungwon already said yes to jay. 

"okay, hyung." he speaks. "just let me know if he does something that'll hurt you. I wouldn't think twice beating him up."

jungwon laughs at this. "ni-ki, you can't do that."

"I will if he does hurt you." they laugh together, both happy to hear each others side and made up instantly.

no, this isn't the ending yet. 

I can't freaking highlight this author's note because my mouse is missing. anyways, happy new year everyone! 2020 wasn't the best year but at least we got enhypen that year and I also got to meet you guys. let's hope for a better year this time. 

also, were you able to watch last night's performance? they really did  a great job and I'm so proud of ni-ki for that solo performance. he nailed it as expected from our main dancer.