11- internal conflict

Right now I'm walking into school with a smile on my face

Right now I'm walking into school with a smile on my face. This weekend had been crazy.

First Jack came over, and we almost kissed.

Then I found out Reggie is my uncle. He asked so many questions, which of course I answered.

A/N: here are the answers to the questions, just in case you were curious about how she didn't know reg was her uncle!

Q: She didn't talk about me?

A: My mother talked about you all the time, but she couldn't mention your name without completely breaking down.

Q: Did you know your mom's last name was Peters?
A: Yes.
Q: Did you know we were related?
A: When I found out your last name was Peters, it didn't register to me that you could be my uncle because Peter is a very common last name.

Q: What happened to my parents?
A: They got divorced in 1996 officially. Grandma moved to New York, and Grandpa moved to England, leaving my mom to go to college alone.

Q: Why couldn't they have turned their house into a pizza parlor?
A:??)

It's just so... crazy. My uncle is a ghost, who still happens to be 17.

Then Luke and I got back on good terms when I told him I'd be a song writer in the band. And then we wrote songs with Julie the whole weekend.

And when I was not with Luke, Julie, or Reggie, I was with Alex. Teaching him slang.

That's a whole story for a different time.

"Hey Jules." I say. She obviously doesn't hear me because she continues bobbing her head to her music. I tap her on the back and she takes out her earphones.

"You look ecstatic!" I exclaim. She just looks at me. Before she can say anything else, a boy in the band uniform runs up and asks for his drumsticks back.

She looks at him confused, then looks into her back pocket to find a pair of drumsticks that I hadn't noticed before. She slowly hands them to him and he smiles and walks away.

"What the-" I start but get interrupted by Julie dancing in her locker.

I start to unlock my locker but quickly stop when Flynn approaches us.

"What?" Julie asks noticing the look Flynn is giving her.

"Nothing. It's just nice to see you back to your weirdo self." She explains.

"I second that!"

"Thanks?" Julie says looking at us quizzically.

"So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented?" She says loudly before leaning in and whispering "Still dead?"

Julie and I share a look then chuckle.

"Amazing." Julie says. And definitely still hot.

"Luke, Julie, and I spent the whole weekend writing songs." I explain.