8-flying solo

After that whole thing, I run home and hide my journal so Luke can never snoop again

After that whole thing, I run home and hide my journal so Luke can never snoop again. After hiding multiple things I don't want the ghosts to see I hear my phone go off.

jules🦋

I either just did
something really smart
or really stupid

oh gosh jules
what did you do?

I might've just told flynn
about the boys

excuse me?
you did what?

I know
it's sounds crazy,
but that's not the worst part

oh no

I told her to meet
us in the studio
in 30 mins
to prove to her they exist

and now you need me?
i'll be there in 5

THANK YOU
❤️❤️❤️😽😽😻😻😍😍🎉

So I grabbed my phone and headed to the studio, so we can prove they exist.

The boys pitch a song to us, and we practice for a good 20 minutes before we hear a knock on the door.

Julie goes to open it.

"Thanks for coming. We just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect." She says with a smile. Flynn just stands there with her arms crossed.

"Which it's not, but i think you'll like it." I chime in.

"No, if i'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band, I want it to be perfect, So, get back in there. All of you. You too." Flynn says sarcastically. She points around the room, where the boys aren't.

"They're not over there silly." I say to Flynn. I look over at the boys.

"Oh I know girl." She says walking in while Julie closes the studio doors. She stands right we're Reggie is standing.

"Uh, tell her to move!" Reggie says while swatting the air

"You ready guys?" Julie asks, before noticing Reggie and Flynn.

"Oh, uh, do you mind moving over there? Reggie needs some space to rock out. And he doesn't like walking through you." I ask. She looks at me skeptically.

She starts laughing. "Wow, when you girls create a world, you really live in it."

"Just sit!" Julie says pushing her into a spare chair.

"If you notice, there is no equipment that can be used to create a hologram. Feel free to look around" I explain while walking over to my electric guitar and strapping it on.

"The guys took a poem that we wrote about you and put it to music." Julie explains. Flynn looks at us.

"Aww! I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad's after this." Flynn says softly. I roll my eyes.

"It's called Flying Solo. We hope you like it." Julie says before sitting down, and pushing on her beat pad to get a quick beat.

"If I leave you on a bad note
Leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep-dish
Guess that means some things they never
They never change" Julie starts. Flynn tries not to smile but obviously can't help herself.

"We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me" I sing. This is when the boys appear. The obviously scare Flynn because she lets out a little scream.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you" We all sing. Julie bends down next to Flynn while she lets out a chuckle.

"Have I told you how amazing you are?" Luke whispers. I look up at him.

"Not in that last 5 minutes."

"Yeah, you know who I'm likin' way before I liked them, duh
'Cause you liked them first
And if somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too
That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work
It will never change

We both know what I, what I
What I mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah" Julie drags Flynn around the room to meet the boys. During one of the "hey's" Luke says it a little loudly scaring Flynn.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you" We play instrumental for a little bit so Flynn can continue to see the boys. She sticks her arm through Reggie and looks back at us flabbergasted.

"Weird right?" He says with a smile.

"They're ghosts!" She exclaims.

"Oh, we prefer, uh musician spirits." Alex says. I can't tell if he's joking, or being serious.

"Julie and Kendall... does this mean you're joining our band?" Luke asks hopefully. Flynn, Julie and I share a look before Flynn says:

"Um.. Actually, I think you're joining Julie's band." She grabs Julie around the back and gives her a big hug. Reggie notices me feeling left out, and invites me over to his microphone where he gives me a quick little side hug.

"I'm gonna go with what she said." Julie says. Her voice full of sass. Everyone looks at each other before chuckling.

"My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
You" Julie and I finish. Julie and Flynn open their arms up to give me a group hug.

"Still wanna talk to our dads?" I question. Flynn shakes her head.

"Nah. I'm good."

We all share a big group hug with lots of laughs.

•••

short chapter, but happy 2021!🎈😽