~10

(A/N: If you see black letters like these, that means that Marie is using sign language. I wanted to point this out so that the story will be more clear.)

~Year 850~

(two years after enlistment)

Marie had fully learned the sign language that Hange had created. Sasha, Mikasa, Armin, Eren Reiner, and Annie learned it as well so they could understand Marie when she was 'talking'

They were all flying around with their ODM gear, Killing all the titan puppets.

"I'll have to find a Titan quickly."  Marie thought and she started to focus on the sounds of her surroundings.

She then heard a puppet coming up on her left so she changed course and went towards the puppet. She made a clean cut and saw in the corner of her eye that Keith was watching.

"Marie. Good in all subjects. She's on the same level as Mikasa but her inability to speak makes it hard to team up with people who don't understand sign language." Keith thought as he went over each trainee.

.....

They were now practicing hand-to-hand combat. Marie had already learned that in the underground so she was undefeatable for each opponent, she had so far. She was now sitting on the ground, bored because she had already won against the people she had fought. She stared at Reiner and Eren who got completely beaten up by Annie. Annie walked away and Marie saw the opportunity to fight against her. Marie stood up and walked over to Annie.

"Do you want to fight against me?" 

"Why not... Hope you're stronger than those Idiots." She grabbed the wooden knife off of the ground and attacked Marie. 

Annie went for a stab in her abdomen but Marie stepped to the side, grabbed her wrist, and then her neck with the other hand to force her to the ground by using her own speed. Marie managed to get her to the ground but she was unable to grab the knife, meaning that this match wasn't over yet.

"Not bad... You're at least better dan those idiots." Annie said while getting up.

"Come at me again then."

Annie attacked her again but then from behind. Marie quickly turned around and grabbed her wrist again but now she hooked her leg on Annie's leg, making her fall on her back. Marie snatched the knife from Annie and the people that were looking were speechless.

"You okay?" Marie asked and she helped Annie up.

"Yeah. How did you manage to do that?" Annie asked.

"My brother thought me that when I was younger."

"Pretty good. Now come attack me with the knife." Annie got into a fighting stance.

Then suddenly the bell rang, meaning that they were done.

"Too bad..." Annie sighed.

"You did great Annie, bet I would've lost against you if this match continued."

"Who knows."

............

It was dinner time and Eren and Jean were fighting again.

"SCREW YOU!" Jean yelled.

"HEY! MY CLOTHES WILL RIP!" Eren yelled back.

"WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR CLOTHES?!"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

"They're back at it again..." Armin said and Marie nodded.

Suddenly Eren used some techniques that Annie had used on him to get Jean to the ground. Jean fell on his back and everyone was shocked.