Chapter 9

Thanks for reading!
~A

CHAPTER 9(r)

Someone tapped me on my shoulder. I placed my drink down and turned around, a fake smile plastered on my face.

The man was big, almost the height of Caine . He had messy blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.

I immediately recognized him as the prince.

He grinned, " Luna, what a pleasure to meet you," his eyes twinkled.

" Your Highness," I smiled tightly. Count on the Royals to charm you into doing their bidding. The king and queen looked like gods and goddesses and it was defiantly passed on to their children.

He chuckled and I looked up at him, "Please call me Chase," he said and held out his hand, silently asking me to dance.

I took it without hesitation and he led me to the floor. The dance was slow and the couples around us moved intimately across the floor.

I felt Chase's hand grip dangerously close to my backside and gritted my teeth.

" So, Lilianna. Whats it like living with the Warriors?" He asked and gripped me a little tighter.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "sunshine and rainbows,"I said a little too sarcastically.

"Everyday is exciting with them. I was inducted only a few hours after I was found." I tried to keep the bitterness from my voice as I glanced around the room.

Chase smirked , " Caine is a very lucky man. If I had a mate that looked like you, I would I make her part of the pack as soon as possible."

We turned on the dance floor, and to avoid the next couple over I was pressed up against the prince of the West.

I didn't respond to his words because of course he would comment on my looks and body. Men were all the same.

I looked away from him, " I'm guessing you don't know Caine very well?" I asked him. Otherwise he would've known that Caine didn't induct me so he could get me in his bed quicker.

Chase cleared his throat , " Caine and I don't really get along," his voice was low and full of something that made me want to know what happened between the two of them.

Without thinking, I replied, "yeah...neither do we." I winced as soon as the words left my mouth.

I should have told him that Caine and I were in love. But I hadn't caught myself in time.

"You don't like your own mate?" Chase asked me. I bit my tongue and opened my mouth to answer.

Someone wedged them self between Chase and I.

" You can't hog her for the whole time Chase. Greedy little boy."

I chuckled inwardly at the voice and faced the owner. A girl about my age, with blonde hair and a blue dress looked over me.

" Cecile..." Chase groaned and the girl grinned cheekily. This was obviously the princess.

Chase let go of my hand, " I'd better leave you two ladies to it then."

He leaned down and kissed my cheek barely half an inch from my mouth "it was nice meeting you Lilianna. I'd love to spend more time with you." he whispered into my ear. I inwardly cringed and tried not to roll my eyes. Typical male. Dealing with Caine was already too much, I really didn't need every other horny bastard coming up
to me.