Chapter 25

UNEDITED :

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 25(r)

I woke up to Caine gripping my hair so hard my scalp was burning in pain. My face was pressed tightly against his chest and he was shaking and clammy.

My eyes started to water and my voice croaked as I called out. "C-Caine? Let go you're hurting me."

My hairline was starting to feel like it was coming apart with his grip and he mumbled something that definitely wasn't English. Some sort of European language.

I tried to push away, my own heart rate starting to pick up.

" Cain-"

Before I could even finish his name he awoke with a start.

"Sveto sranje," he breathed out and glanced around panicky.

My eyes went wide as I took him in. His canines were sharp and his eyes swirled with black. His short hair was plastered to his neck with sweat.

After a few moments where I didn't realize I was holding my breath, Caine seemed to understand what was happening.

His gaze focused on me and for a moment we sat there breathing.

I swallowed, "you were pulling my hair..." I pushed it behind my shoulders hesitantly and tied it in a pony. The room seemed to be a sauna of heat and sweat and I felt as if I couldn't breathe.

He grunted, "Jebeno žao- sorry, I'm sorry."
And pushed the covers off, turning to get out of bed. My face heated at the sound of the foreign words and I couldn't stop myself from shivering. My world growled from within in me and I had to bite my tongue to keep from hearing it. I wondered where exactly in Europe he had come from.

As if he sensed my uneasiness, he pushed off of me without looking. He paused for a moment before standing and stretching, the thick muscles in his back tensed.

I watched in mild horror as he took a couple steps forward, swayed, and collapsed to his knees.

Whatever it was that compelled me to get out of bed so quickly and rush to his side, almost made me fall over myself.

My head rushed for a second at the change of blood pressure and I had to steady myself before I dropped to my knees beside him.

I grabbed his jaw so he would look at me. "Caine?"

He growled and wiped the blood that was dripping out of his nose, pushing me to the side. Only his blood wasn't red, it was an inky black colour and thick like molasses. What the hell?

"Are you oka-"

"I'm fine. Leave it." He sneered and tried to get up, failing again.

"Let me help you-" the wind was almost knocked out of me as Caine pinned me too the floor.

His jaw clicked and he hissed, "enough."

I let out a sob and his face contorted into a look of distress.

He sighed and tried to grab me.

"Jesus Christ Lilianna, I'm sorry- fuck can you just stop." He grit out and winced as if in pain, propping himself up with his arm and pulling me towards him by my ankle.

My forearms gave out the sudden force and I was dragged back towards him. His hands were soon around my waist but I refused to turn my head.

"Please, I won't hurt you anymore," Caine struggled to get the words out. I bit my thumb and squeezed my eyes shut, willing away the dread that had crept into my throat when his arm had wrapped around me.