Chapter 32

All rights reserved-2016

The Immortals

unedited

CHAPTER 32

Caine stared at Lila's sleeping form intently. He looked at her scars and her wounds, and he looked at the black marking on her side. He had a matching one, it etched itself on them when he completed the blood rites. Caine wanted to touch it really badly. Touch her.

He didn't though, he knew that it would cause something bad. Lila was only just okay with him being around, he didn't want lose control and have her go into another panic episode. Through the rites and the mark he gave her, Caine was able to know her thoughts and emotions. But lately her mind was so crowded and messy, allowing himself in gave him nothing but headaches.

Through the meeting the next day all he could think about was Lila. He wanted to know what she was doing and how she was doing and who she was with. He hoped it wasn't another male and growled angrily.

Heads turned his way at the random growl and Caine sighed.

" Is there something you wish to say Caine?" Chase Delcourt, one of the only Royal persons still alive, asked him rudely. He eyed him. Caine snorted. His wolf was growling at the disrespect.

" Yes. I'm done wasting my time. My pack is out there protecting everyone else's and they need help. If you do not hurry and make the final decisions, I will," Caine's voice dripped with authority and annoyance. He challenged the the Prince and the other Alphas in the room.

"Sit down Caine, Octaves is dead- no one has seen him in weeks, and the demons went with him. Quit pretending that you make the decisions around here-"

A fierce growl ripped through Caine. How dare that little shit talk to him like that. " Be careful who you are talking to Chase. You wouldn't want to say the wrong thing."

By now the other Alphas in the room were getting agitated as well. " Caine I'm sure we can all agree on the same terms, no need for this," Donnie Lake, Alpha of the Darkvalley, one of the largest packs in the states stood up.

" Yes, neither of you make the decisions-" a grumble of alike comment came from the rest of the group.

Caine was tired of this, It was his turn to be in charge. These weak Alphas were not going to tell him what to do. He was finished with the Royals and the councils and the ancient rules that everyone followed, it was time for a new era to begin.

" Enough." He spat, the room quieted down, "I'm done with this. I am in charge now, I'm going to make the rules now. If you have a problem you can get the fuck out, I won't be tolerating weak men. For those of you who would like to join me in creating the new Laws, I will be here. For those who don't...you better pray that I don't kill you and your whole pack. I-"

Chase stood up and growled, " And what if we don't agree with you?" he seethed. A few Alphas nodded their head and shouted 'yeah'.

Caine smiled, a terrifying smile, "Then challenge me."

~

I took a long shower, making sure to scrub myself clean multiple times. Even though I had taken dozens of showers I still felt as if Octaves' dirtiness was still covering me.

I put on one of Caine's long sleeves and rolled up the sleeves to my wrists, making sure the scars on my arms were still covered. My wrists were still raw from the ropes that I hung from.

I fixed my bandages and quickly pulled on some sweats, rolling them up too.

I made my way downstairs to the kitchen to have breakfast, my stomach was aching. After checking the fridge and cupboards I sighed and accepted that the food was probably in the big house, Caine would never make anything for himself or the others.