1.01

WESTOVER HALL

-

KATNISS WAS REALLY STARTING TO HATE WESTOVER HALL.

Honestly, the military school was one of the worst of the schools Katniss had attended in her immortal lifetime. Okay, maybe she was being a tad bit unfair but it was practically banned to have fun. That's why at the party before Christmas break everyone went wild.

The second Cassiopeia saw the gym she scrunched up her nose in disgust and scowled.

Black and red balloons all over the floor, and guys were kicking them in each other's faces, or trying to strangle each other with the crepe-paper streamers taped to the walls. Girls moved around in football huddles wearing lots of makeup and spaghetti-strap tops and brightly colored pants and heels so high they looked like torture devices. Every once in a while they'd surround some poor guy like a pack of piranhas, shrieking and giggling, and when they finally moved on, the guy would have ribbons in his hair and a bunch of lipstick graffiti all over his face. Some of the older guys looked uncomfortable, hanging out at the edges of the gym and trying to hide, like any minute they might have to fight for their lives. Which wasn't that far off in Katniss's case.

The two girls waited around near the punch bowl for a while, until the door near the hallway opened. Both the siblings that stepped out had olive skin and dark black hair. The older girl huffed as she dragged her hyper brother over to the bleachers.

Katniss frowned at her friend as they waited. "Why didn't you make them dress up?"

Cassiopeia huffed. "Bianca was a little shy, and Nico threatened me with a pair of safety scissors."

Katniss rolled her eyes, trailing back to the bleachers. She'd known Bianca and Nico for years, even if no one else remembered. She always had to watch herself where they were concerned. Years ago, before World War II, Katniss had been their 'babysitter'. She was on a quest for the god of death when she found out about his secret girlfriend and child. Hades had been seconds away from threatening her or most likely killing her, when Maria stepped in and convinced him to take a less drastic approach. That lasted for a while, until she almost got killed by pissy-pant's lighting.

Then, another door opened.

The person leading the group was Grover. A red Rasta cap - to hide his goat horns - sat on his brown curly hair. He wore baggy jeans and sneakers with eet to hide his furry legs and hooves. He was wearing a black T-shirt that said: WESTOVER HALL: GRUNT. Dr. Thorn's bias against him really came through in his rank.

Thalia was next. Her style didn't change much after she came out of the tree (long story). The ripped-up army jacket, black leather pants and chain jewelry, the black eyeliner and those intense blue eyes were a signature look.