-ˋ 22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH LILY GETS A NOTE

. . .

Tiger slipped into the seat besides Sirius as she entered the Potions classroom, not even looking any other way. Sirius did though, eyes wide as he looked up at Remus, who only shrugged.

"Hey Tiger." The Lupin boy began, and his cousin looked up at him. "Would it be alright if.. you know what nevermind, have fun you two." Sirius's jaw dropped, looking between Tiger and his boyfriend, not believing the betrayal that had taken place.

Tiger sat there in silence, watching the door and just waiting. Soon enough, her waiting paid off and the heavy dungeon door swung forward with almost enough force to push it off it's hinges. Of course, the person she had been waiting for was James, and as soon as she saw him Tiger sprang into action, turning to Sirius.

"What are you doing?" He asked, glancing over at James who had stopped right in front of the door; much to the displeasure of a few girls, who muttered their way past him and rolled their eyes as they took their seats.

"Ignoring my boyfriend. Don't ask me to go into detail because I won't." Tiger replied, Sirius clearing his throat and copying her expression, the both of them being as dramatic as they usually were.

"I don't need you to go into detail, I listened to it happy. And you're being stupid." Sirius told her, and Tiger narrowed her eyes.

"We should pierce our ears." She said, rather suddenly after having studied Sirius's face for a moment. "I want another one here, and Remus would go mental if you had one up here." Tiger reached over and flicked the helix area of his right ear."

"How do you know what Remus would like?" Sirius asked as he glanced over Tiger's shoulder at his boyfriend, who James had decided to sit next to.

"Potter told me. And he likes mine, and you two like a lot of the same thing." The Howell girl replied, very matter-of-fact. "So what do you say? I have some medical alchohol I stole from James's house when piercing my own ear, and I have plenty of needles. We wouldn't even need one if we could cast a careful enough gouging spell." Tiger looked thoughtful.

"I say absolutely. But let's do it tonight, I have to hand in this homework to McGonagall or else I'll get a Saturday detention and me and Moony are supposed to be doing something." Sirius looked enthusiastic, voice louder than it needed to be, attracting the attention of James, who looked over wistfully, wondering what the pair were doing.

"What happened to you four?" A rather confused voice said, and Sirius, Tiger, Remus and James turned around from their respective tables, to find Lily staring between them. "I haven't missed some mass breakup, have I?"

"Tiger and James had an arguement about why they don't deserve each other." Remus replied, and the couple in question unconciously met each others eyes, Tiger being too stubborn to look away first and James sticking out his tongue, a playful tone in his eyes.

Tiger rolled her eyes, but James saw the corners of her lips turn upwards just the tiniest bit, confirmation that he was on the right track to getting her to talk to him again.

After they had fallen out that morning, they hadn't spoken to each other all day, and this was the first time in few hours that Tiger had even looked his way.

"Well you might want to make up pretty quickly." Lily said, opening her potions book and pulling out a tiny folded bit of parchment, brandishing it about for them all to see.

Tiger was first out of her seat, by Lily's side in second as she plucked the piece of parchment out of hand, gazing down at it. "James, Sirius, Remus, Tiger, Peter, Lily, Marlene and Lydia." She read, a frown appearing on her face at the list of names on the top fold.

She pulled it apart, unfolding it and flatten it on the tables. "Cockroach Clusters? Why the bloody hell-" Tiger stopped in her tracks, recognising the writing. "Since when does Dumbledore invite half the seventh year Gryffindors up to his office?" She asked, voice lowered to a hiss.

"You what?" James was the next off his chair, peering over his girlfriend's shoulder. "But all it says is Cockroach Clusters - how do you know it's from Dumbledore?"

"The password for his office is a variety of sweet." Remus appeared by them, and Sirius hurried over. "It's for tonight right?"

"It fell out of my Potions book when I was in the Library. And it certainly wasn't there when I picked it up this morning." Lily nodded. "It doesn't say a time though."

"We should go straight after dinner. If we miss dinner it'll be noticeable, but nobody cares where you afterwards." Tiger said with a shrug.

"I've got detention with McGonagall after dinner." James frowned. "Should I just skip it or..?"

"Prongs, use your head. Do you really think McGonagall would have nothing to do with this?" Tiger asked, looking up at her boyfriend, who smiledd slightly back, about to say something else when Slughorn burst into the classroom and swiftly broke up their gathering.

And as they returned to their seats to start yet another lesson, all of them couldn't help but let their minds wander away from the topic at hand to what might happen later that day.

a/n
promoting my new harry book
pls go read i'm obsessed with it