-ˋ 04

CHAPTER FOUR

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY'RE BACK TOGETHER

. . .

"I have this really odd sense of deja vu." Tiger commented, turning around to face her boyfriend, who looked down at her. They were finally back on Platform 9¾, and in front of them the Hogwarts Express let out a cloud of billowing steam. 

It was September 1st, yet again. And just like everyone other year, the platform was crowded with students, old and new alike. Sirius, James and Tiger merged with the crowd, waiting patiently for anyone that they knew to appear.

Euphemia was talking to one of her old friends, and Fleamont had disappeared with the trolley that had their three trunks on, ready to put them on the train alongside many others. 

"Hey - isn't that Marlene?" Sirius asked, and Tiger used James's shoulder to balance herself on her tiptoes, peering over in the direction that Sirius had pointed out. 

It was indeed Marlene, who's beach blonde hair seemed to have lightened even more after days spent lounging in the sun. But she wasn't alone - and she wasn't with Lily or her rather well put-together family either. 

No, she was with a boy who practically towered over her. He had dirty blonde-brownish hair and although she couldn't see his face, Tiger knew it was Luke. There was no way that Marlene was with another boy. 

And this was only further confirmed Tiger's reasoning when the boy dipped down to kiss Marlene. She knew this due to the copious amounts of letters the girls exchanged during the summer - whilst Tiger didn't know every single description and detail of the McKinnon's girl holiday, she did know that an awful lot of time was spent with this Luke guy. 

It seemed that Marlene had either told him she was a witch, or he was a wizard himself. "I see she's got herself a date - and a new boy no less." Sirius said, and Tiger frowned as she glanced at him, before looking back and seeing Luke get onto the train. 

It was then when Fleamont appeared besides the group of three, and Euphemia said goodbye to her friend. They exchanged quick goodbyes as the steady hands of the clock that hung above them tickeed closer and closer to 11am. 

As per usual, Tiger was squished into a practically rib-cracking hug from Euphemia. "You have everything right - if not just send a letter and we'll have it sent... sandwiches? You have sandwiches?"

"Mia, darling, it's far too close to the time it sets off. They have enough money each to buy something from the Trolley Lady if it's necessarily. Come on kids." Fleamont said, pulling the trio and his wife closer to the front of the platform, helping the three of them onto the train just as it began to pull out. 

James, Sirius and Tiger lent out of the door, waving until they could no longer see the elderly Potter parents. Tiger didn't even have time to address the slightly sentimental feeling in her stomach as James and Sirius pulled her into the train, not even needing to look in their various compartments they passed, heading straight for the one they would always sit in.

And just as expected, Remus and Peter were already sat in there. "Pettigrew old man." James imitated the voice of Peter's father whenever he greeted anyone. "You're looking very tan, where did they cart you off to this time?"

"Arizona, then Spain. It was a burn for more days than not, however it seems to have settled since we got back here." Peter looked out of the window and at the gloomy whether that had settled over London with a expression of distaste.

"The money I would pay to see Wormy looking like a blood lollipop." Sirius sighed happily as he sat beside Remus, who didn't even look up when the three walked in. "What are you reading, dearest?" He asked, ignoring the words of protest from Remus as the boy plucked the newspaper out of his hands.

"Pads, just give it back." Remus sighed, holding it out expectantly. Sirius, who would do absolutely anything for the Lupin boy was just about to give it back when Tiger leaned forward and snatched it from his grasp, settling back down on James's lap, back against the glass.

"A potion for Lycanthropy. But it's in the makings." Tiger read, and James peered over her shoulder. "And isn't said to be ready for another four years.. oh Rem." 

"I've been dealing with it up until now. But it's making the Daily Prophet and so it seems I have something to look forward to. No respectable place is going to hire a werewolf, and you know that." Remus added when Sirius went to protest.

Tiger smiled happily, the sad sentimental feeling gone. She was on her way back to Hogwarts for a final year, something she had truly doubted that she would even make it to several times during the last.

And she had high hopes for this one, if you ignored the looming war.