Ramadan Preparation 2021 ✨

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh akhawaati fi Islaam ❤️

Welcome to Ramadan preparation 2021!

Firstly, I want to begin by asking Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to purify my intentions and to allow me to be of those whom act upon the advices that they give. Ameen. I also want to say that this reminder is first and foremost for myself before it is directed at any of you. 🥰

It has been so long since I have updated this and it feels odd to be typing as though I'm speaking to all of you as opposed to writing as King or A'ishah 😂 With that, I hope that you have all been doing well and I pray that you and your loved ones are all in the best state of health and imaan inshaaAllah ta'ala

Without further ado, let's jump straight into today's topic at hand inshaaAllah 🙌🏼

There is just over two months until Ramadan.
May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala grant us all the blessing of reaching Ramadan this year - ameen.

To be brutally honest - Ramadan preparations should have began over four months ago as the sahaba and sahabiyaat used to spend six months preparing for the arrival of Ramadan.

Ibn Rajab al Hanbali states in Lata'if al-Ma'arif that Mu'alla bin al-Fadhl said: They (the sahaba) would supplicate to Allah Ta'ala for six months to allow them to reach Ramadhan.

Are the sahaba not our role models? Are they not the blessed people who we should imitate and try to be like? Yet unfortunately we find that people do not even think about preparing for Ramadan.

Mu'alla bin al-Fadhl goes on to say: Then, they (the sahaba) would supplicate to Him for another six months to accept it from them.

Allahu Akbar. Not only do they spend the six months before Ramadan preparing for it, but they spend the five months after Ramadan supplicating to Allah swt that their efforts in Ramadan would be accepted.

With that, we can come to advice #1 on how to prepare from Ramadan, and advice #1 is the most extensive and most important of all.

#1 - DU'A & ISTIGHFAR 🤲🏼❤️

Du'a is the most powerful tool of the believer and those who do not make efficient use of du'a in their day to day lives are in a state of loss for Abu Hurayrah narrates that the Prophet PBUH said: In the court of Allah, there is no greater thing than Du'a."
(Ibn Majah)

Remember to ask the impossible from Allah SWT. Ask of Him whatever it is that you want. Whether it be health, success, wealth, happiness, love...all of these things you can ask of Allah SWT and Allah SWT who is the Most-Wise will respond to your invocation if that is what is best for you. Indeed it is narrated that the prophet PBUH said: "Verily your Lord is Generous and Shy. If His servant raises his hands to Him (in supplication) He becomes shy to return them empty."
(Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi)".

In saying that, we must not forget to prioritise our du'a's and to be wise with them for many of us incline towards asking Allah SWT for worldly gain, wealth or health, but many of us do not give the same importance to asking of Allah swt spiritual well-being.

Make du'a for yaqeen, for ikhlaas, for taqwa. Make du'a for the purification of your intentions. For the forgiveness of your sins. For the guidance of your heart. For admittance into Jannah. For protection from jahannam.