° Jealousy °

A week had passed and Tooru hadn't spoken to me whatsoever. I really didn't know what was up with him, and I didn't make an effort to find out. I wanted to though. I would stare over at him smiling at the girls crowded around him and a felling in my stomach would occur. I didn't know what it was but it made me feel sick.

One morning, he was being so flirtatious with them that I made my way behind the school. I couldn't stand it. I needed him and being without him was killing me.

"Y/N?" I turned my head to see Matsukawa there.

"Oh hey Issei."

"Erm. I was kinda hoping to talk to you about something." He said.

"Go ahead."

"Well, after the other week, I wanted to ask if you would like to be my girlfriend?" So he truly did like me. I really didn't want to break his heart but I had to.

"I'm sorry, Issei. I don't think of you that way. I only see you as a friend. I hope I haven't hurt you." He seemed sad which caused a guilty feeling to rise up inside of me.

"I understand. Just out of interest, do you like someone else?"

"If I'm being truly honest, I would have to say yes."

"Is it Oikawa?" I sighed. I hadn't told anyone yet.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Well, you should tell him how you feel, especially as you aren't on speaking terms currently, and I feel as if I have an unintentional part to play in that." He said before walking off.

I contemplated what Matsukawa said to me but I couldn't. I was too scared.

I had to admit, however, seeing him with other girls broke my heart. I felt as if my soul had been forcefully stolen from me and my heart ripped out of my chest only to be disgarded on the ground for people to walk on.

I couldn't stand it.

In the afternoons, I would go straight home instead of watching the boys practise. I was still in touch with Iwaizumi so I knew that the tournament was coming up. The boys were hoping to finally go to nationals. I hoped that I could make up with Oikawa beforehand but we all knew that wouldn't happen.

Oikawa POV.

"Oikawa-senpai~"

"I love you Oikawa!"

I was surrounded by these girls. I was used to it but today it seemed more strenuous than usual. Looking to my right, I saw Y/N staring at me before walking off. I wished to be with her. I had hurt her and I knew I shouldn't have outbursted at her. I loved her and now I had lost her.

And not only that, the interhigh qualifiers were coming up so I had that to also worry about. I needed to get the team to nationals no matter what. But how could I do that if I was this heartbroken?

Reader POV

It was the day of the tournament. I wasn't going to the actual game, I wanted to see Oikawa play but I didn't know if he wanted to see me.

I texted good luck to Iwaizumi and Matsukawa, me and him had actually become very close friends despite me rejecting him. I was planning to watch the game on the television broadcast. I had been out to the shop to get some snacks and sat on my sofa. Aoba Johsai had won their first match. Oikawa was amazing as usual. There was truly no surprise there.

But then there was round two.

Karasuno.

Hello. I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I really had no other ideas for it. I hope that it's still okay for you all. I really don't want this story to end but it's really close to the end. D: Anyhoo, hope you have a good day/night wherever in the world you are. (I'm in Britain if any of you were wondering).

- H xx