° Hinata °

I remember the first time Oikawa and I were mistaken for a couple. It was the beginning of many similar events to come.

We were in our first year of high school, our first term even. It was lunch and we were standing outside. At that time, Tooru didn't have many fangirls but there were still a few.

Like usual, Oikawa was clinging onto me. Things haven't changed a bit.

Due to this fact, when his few fangirls eventually arrived, their faces dropped instantly.

"Oikawa-senpai! Why didn't you tell us you had a girlfriend?"

"I wanted to be the one."

Annoyed sounds came from the small group of girls before my best friend began explaining himself.

"Y/N isn't my girlfriend. She's been my best friend all my life."

Their feelings lifted slightly but they were still sending me death glares. Did I mention that this was also the start of the glares? Well, it was.

There have been many similar cases since, the most recent being said a few seconds ago by the short ginger in front of us.

"And you must be The Great Queen!" The small boy's eyes glistened with delight, awaiting an answer from one of us; however, both of us were in shock. This time felt different. I wanted to tell this first year that we were a couple, in fear that he would break into tears if I didn't.

We stood in silence for what felt like an hour, even though it was probably just a few seconds. Soon enough, Iwaizumi came to our rescue.

"They're just best friends, Hinata, though Oikawa does like to be very touchy with her. It's annoying."

"HEY!" The brunette behind me shouted, finally taking his arms from me.

"It's true, Shittykawa." I giggled at Hajime's name for the setter.

Whilst they were arguing, I decided to get myself a spot on the balcony where I could view the game properly. Within a few minutes, they had calmed down enough to start playing.

The match was very impressive and Seijoh ended up winning; however, Karasuno put in a good fight.

After I had descended the stairs, I congratulated the opposing team for a good game.

"I hope that we can play again soon." I said whilst shaking the hand of the captain.

"Me too." He replied, smiling.

"YYYYY/NNNNN! Come oooonnnnnnn. We gotta go!!" I heard the other captain complain.

I rolled my eyes before walking out of the gym.

"How did I do?" Oikawa said, smiling widely, awaiting a compliment.

"You did alright." I replied, clearly pissing him off.

"Only alright? Y/N, you're so mean!" He said, folding his arms and pouting.

"I'm joking, Jesus Christ, you take everything so seriously! You were really impressive."

"You promise?" He whined, pulling out the puppy eyes on me.

Sighing, I replied. "Yes, I promise."

His face lit up and a wide smile appeared on his face. His teeth were on show and he was giving me his classic peace sign.

"Stop flirting and get on the bus!" Iwaizumi's voice came from the bus in front of us, where the whole team were sat down, waiting for the two of us.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, very slight but very unusual. Hajime often told us to 'stop flirting' but it had never had this effect before.

Why this change?

I didn't know exactly, but I did know that this was only the start.

Hi there! How are you all? Sorry this was so short, I promise that the next chapters will be longer.

- H xx