Chapter 19:

Natasha: I mapped out what I had gotten to see of Budapest. I explained it to the KGB troops. "We could land," I pointed to a grassy park area I had seen on my way to the airport, "Here, with little disturance and casualty. We would ake our way up this road," I ran my finger along the road, "To the poltical building here. Its about a quarter mile, but there is where we could do the most damage."

"A quarter mile, seems a bit long. What if we're apprehended?" Tortorov, an agent two years my inferior, asked.

"We take them out," I said, "There was never a rule stating this was a covert mission." Hopefully, they'll know we're coming I thought to myself.

"Where would we plant the bombs?" Zaroff, a different agent, asked.

"I don't know," I admitted, "I never got inside. How much delay is on the bombs."

"30 seconds," Drakeov said from the corner.

"So how woud we get them not to just disarm the bomb or evacuate in 30 seconds," I muttered to myself. I started thinking differently. How could we kill the most KGB, maybe even Drakeov in the process.

"We'll need agents on the doors, and by the bomb," I said, "By my estimate, theres got to be four or five different exit sights, counting fire exits. We block those to ensure maximum casualties, we block the bomb to make sure no one disarms it."

"Your plan also included maximum casualties of our own men," Tortorov pointed out. I know I thought to myself.

"Its what's nessassary to get the job done. If we want this for Drakeov, we need to do this," I said.

The men around me shook their heads defeatedly.

I followed Drakeov to his office. "Quite the battle plans Natalia," he said, "I have to admit, I'm impressed by the heroics."

"Thank you sir," I said. Then I looked down at my feet to get ready to act. "Sir," I said, "I believe that you shouldn't come with us at this juncture."

This was my plan. Tell Drakeov it would be too dangerous for him, and he would be in the middle of the battle.

Drakeov smiled, "Glad to see you still worry about me Natalia, but I'm not going to miss the best show of all time."

I nodded. "I'll see you in 12 hours sir," I said.

I went up to my apartment, calling Clint.

"The plans are set," I said the moment he picked up.

"Yeah," he asked. I explained the plans I had just told the KGB.

"I'll give you the signal halfway up to the Political Building. You'll break away from the pack. Then we'll work together to take them each down. You'll get to the bomb, destroy it, then you'll get to Drakeov," Clint brainstormed.

"Seems a bit vaugue. Who do you have coming to help?" I asked.

Clint sighed, "Fury called a few people, but none of them will get there in time for the initial attack. We'll need an hour before anyone gets there. The Hungarian army isn't wants to take control, but the president is only putting them on standby, in order to avoid a war with Russia."

"We need more men than thism" I muttered.

"We only have to subdue them an hour," Clint said.

"The whole mission isn't supposed to take a half an hour," I pointed out, "This is a suicide mission."

"Not if we do this right. You're the top spy. You have some pull," Clint said.

"You have no idea how wrong you are," I muttered, "I've got to move. I'll see you in 2 hours."

"Good luck," Clint said.

"If I had any luck this wouldn't be happening," I said. Then I hung up.