Chapter 24:

Natasha: Bodies littered the streets of Budapest. We walked towards the SHIELD agents. They all stared at us, amazement and relief in their eyes.

"You made it out?" Fury said.

"Sorry about Barton's hearing aids," I said.

Fury just looked at me. "Natasha, can I introduce you to a few of my other Agents?" I nodded, wiping my hair out of my eyes. My hand came back bloody. I quickly looked at my reflection in a window. Some of it was my blood. Some of it was not.

"Natasha Romanov, this is Agent Hill," he pointed to a woman with short, uniformly cut brown hair, "Agent Coulson," he pointed to a man with light brown hair and only the beginnings of age starting to show, "Agent May, call sign Calvary," he pointed to an oriental woman with a small, deivous grin on her face, "Agent Garret," he pointed to a man who had almost a fatherly appearance, "His student, Agent Ward," he pointed to a young dark haired kid, "Agent Morse, call sign Mockingbird," he pointed to a blonde woman with cat like green eyes, "and Agent Hand," he pointed to a woman with a stiff stance contradicted by red streaked hair.

"Nice to meet you all," I said, "My apologies for the circumstance."

"Russia's going to have to refil their ranks," Agent Coulson said, "I'm fine with it."

"We're sending people to the Red Room address you gave us as well. Shutting it down and setting them free for good," Fury said, "I'm going to fly out and help them in a few minutes here."

"Thank you," I said, "Tell you're men to be careful. These kids are still studying how to kill, but there's a lot of them, and as young as they may be, their good."

"Noted," Fury said.

"So is it true?" Agent Hill asked, "Drakeov is dead."

I nodded.

"Natasha, can I talk to you for a minute?" Fury asked.

I nodded and followed him a few feet away from the group.

"Natasha, I want to congratulate you," he said, "You did something I never expected. In laying down your own personal mission to save my man, you killed the only life you've known for 7 years, you did an incredible job in this mission, you earned my trust."

I stared at him blankly. What was he saying.

"I'll see you at work Monday, Agent Romanov," he said, "Along with your Strike Teammate, Agent Barton of course."

"Thank you sir," I said, smiling. I couldn't believe it. I was a US Agent!

Fury turned back and walked towards the other agents, "We've got an orphanage to shut down."

I walked up to Barton. "What did he have to say?" Barton signed.

I smiled, "I'm a US agent." I signed back. I kissed him on the cheek. Then I signed to him, "Thank you, Clint."

He smiled, "I'm glad I could help."

I looked behind me at the streets. Bodies littered the streets. A building burned. I heard sirens around us.

"Should we go to the US now? " Clint signed. I swallowed, then nodded. Everything was going to change.