Chapter Thirty Seven

AUTHORS NOTE
I am in the process of re-writing this story, as I am not happy with the quality of the first half of the book. I've re-written the first three chapters so far and I've posted them on here if everyone wanted to give them re-read in-between updates! They're slightly longer than they used to be :)

///\\\

"We need to call Tony." Bruce rambled to Doctor Strange, his voice still slightly shaky with fear. Nylah had almost forgotten for a moment that Bruce had dealt with the wrath of Thanos too. "He'll know what to do."

"I can get us to him." The strange man explained as his eyes glanced over at Nylah. "We'll reach Stark faster that way."

Tony Stark. The Metal Man. The last time she had seen him, she was saying her goodbyes, assuming that it would be the last time she would see him for many months to come. She could still remember looking at the prom picture Pepper had taken of them; though it was a pity she no longer had it, after leaving it behind. Nylah only wished that she could have seen Tony again in better circumstances, when someone did not need saving or when the world was not on the brink of destruction and despair. He was living happily, no doubt. And here Nylah was, bloodied and bruised, tear stains on her cheeks, barely able to open her mouth to talk without wanting to crumble to the floor.

"Hey," She felt a gentle hand rest upon her shoulder, and her eyes lazily stared up from the floor to find Bruce Banner standing in front of her with a cut just above his eyebrow. "Do you want to come get Tony?"

Weakly, Nylah lifted her hand and gently caressed the man's cheek. She slowly shook her head before moving the palm of her hand to gently rest against his forehead, right on top of the cut, and she closed her eyes, pouring what little energy she had left into her hand to heal his cut. Her veins turned a dark red against her pale skin as it shot through her body as she removed her hand from his forehead. Bruce stared at her in confusion, though he did not say another word.

She watched him from her seat as he waddled over to Doctor Strange, who moved his hands in a circular movement as an orange sparkly circle formed in front of them. She could faintly see some sort of greenery and a beautiful blue sky through the portal, which only for a moment, made her feel like there was hope. It was only for a moment that she believed that Tony would successfully take down Thanos will all the help they could possibly get, but that sliver of hope vanished completely when her eyes caught a glimpse of a man with glasses and dressed in a tracksuit standing by the orange circle. His eyebrows furrowed together, perhaps realising the seriousness of the situation, as he stared at the broken Asgardian girl.

"Blondie?" Tony breathed out, his eyes scanning her own in a desperate search for answers.

Nylah's body had still been in a state of shock with the way she trembled against the blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Her face was practically grey, and her lips were red raw from tearing the skin off her lips in an attempt to distract herself from the reality that she was in. She could not even gather herself enough strength to open her mouth and warn him about what was about to come – because she was so scared that if she did, she would crumble and not be ready to fight when the time inevitably comes. She was in the worst state Tony had ever seen her in.

Nylah had barely talked to anyone when Pietro died, when she was too late to heal him. That was when Tony had first caught a glimpse of the grief the young Asgardian had been going through in front of them. Her lips trembled with each word she would mumble to her brother days after the death. She had not said goodbye to anyone in the tower when it was time to go home – and she cried herself to sleep every night she was in that tower; everyone had heard it. Tony had seen her sad. But he had never witnessed her breaking in front of him.