Chapter Forty

"How's this ship work?" Tony practically demanded as he rose from his seat. "Does it land itself?"

Tony's eyes were burning into Nylah's soul with fear as he walked toward her, though she had not known why. She only knew minor details of certain spaceships only because of the times she has flown with her brothers, aside from that, she did not know how to land or to fly spaceships – she thought Tony knew that. As she opened her mouth to voice this, she was forced to keep it shut when the ship began to dip, and a low rumble vibrated through the floor and the walls. They were entering Titan's atmosphere – they were running out of time.

The ship began to shake vigorously as the small group bent their knees in attempt to stabilize themselves, to prevent them all from toppling over. Nylah's fearful eyes watched the window as it revealed that they were would soon crash into the ground if no action is taken. She snapped her eyes back to Tony when she could feel his burning gaze, only to find that his eyes were wide, and his eyebrows were furrowed at her in frustration. He still expected that she knew how to control a spaceship.

"Just because I am not from Earth does not mean my expertise is how to land foreign spaceships, Tony!" Nylah let out in a whine, growing frustrating herself with the older man. She wished Pepper were here to knock some common sense into him.

"Well you've got more 'expertise' than all of us on this damn thing!" Tony let out in the same tone of frustration, though it did not take long for him to suit up again and begin to act. "Peter, get your hand inside the steering gimbal and close these things around it. Understand?"

Peter mirrored Tony's actions without a hint of hesitation as Nylah moved to stand in between them in an awkward manner. As the boys began to shout orders at each other to fly the ship in sync, each one of Nylah's hands flew to each of the boys shoulders. Her hands clasped around them tightly as the rumbling of the ship only became more aggressive, her eyes intently watching the window of the ship as they neared the desert-like ground. Upon seeing how close they were becoming to the ground, Doctor Strange stood in front of them and formed a large orange and sparkly dome around the four of them to act as a shield. Even he knew that this was not going to end prettily.

"Perhaps you should both keep in mind that this ship is made for someone much bigger than all of us combined," Nylah's voice was shaky with concern as they neared a broken-down structure of a building. "please stay in sync."

"We've got it Ny," Peter began to pull in the same direction as Tony, though his worried eyes turned to Nylah for a split second. "Please hold on."

Nylah nodded her head and obliged with his request; holding onto Peter's shoulder tightly as they grew closer to the broken-down and rusty building. The ship began to pick up the pace as the boys began to desperately turn the steering of the ship harder in attempt to miss it, though they were only a few seconds too late. The front of the ship where they had been was safe from the impact, though the edges of the ship scraped harshly against the building, and Nylah was sure that some of it had broken off. Although this was not the worst to come, a sigh of relief escaped her lips.

The damage of the ship was not Nylah's main source of worry for the moment – it was the fact that the ship was flying to the sandy ground faster than before, and there was no way to slow it down or stop it. They could do nothing but prepare for a harsh landing.

Nylah's eyes grew wide as her grasp on Peter and Tony's shoulders tightened. "Oh shit."

The simple jolt of the landing had forced Nylah off her feet as the bottom of the ship collided and slid across the ground. Her body flew forward and Steven's protective dome suddenly disappeared mid-air, causing for her body to remain unprotected as it flew against broken glass and metal across the ship. The right side of her face and body scraped against the ground until her body finally stopped with a collision against a wall. She let out a groan in pain as her hands slowly pushed themselves against the ground, attempting to help push herself up to her feet.