1:THIRTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

The music vibrated through the walls of the outside common area as Vienna walked in, the bright neon lights lighting up the party in various shades of purple, red and blue. People were spread out all across the floor. Some engaged in conversation whilst some danced, and others watched as players involved themselves in cliche party games.

Vienna sighed as she perched herself on a low wall towards the edge of the party. Her eyes scanned the party as attempted to find her friends, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"You look like you would rather be anywhere but here."

The girl looked up and found Sky standing to the side, his face illuminated by the bright red lights. "Funny," she responded with a small smile as he sat down beside her, his shoulder slightly brushing against hers as he did so. "I could say the same about you."

The boy let out a small laugh. "You're not wrong. How's Silva?" he questioned as he turned to face her.

"A little rough. But they're closing in on the Burned One as we speak. I'm praying he starts recovering soon." Sky nodded slightly in response. "How are you doing?" Vie questioned softly as she kept her gaze on him. "You've been comforting me this whole time and I didn't think to ask you how you felt."

"I feel shit, Vie," he replied as he turned to face his lap, all signs of amusement disappearing from his face. "I know I'm supposed to be strong, but... Silva basically raised me after my father died. He could have left my mother to raise me alone, but whenever he had a chance he would visit us. They were both best friends, and I guess Silva wanted to fill the void so I never felt like I didn't have a father figure. I know we train to fight and risk our lives, but... I never let myself think that Silva.." he trailed off as he shook his head slightly.

Vienna moved her left hand and placed it in his own in a reassuring manner. "I think it's my turn to comfort you. Nothing will happen to him. We'll do anything to save him, even if we have to track down the Burned One ourselves."

The boy nodded in agreement. "Damn right we will." He looked back towards the party with a look of interest. "I heard they're playing beer pong. I'm a pro at beer pong."

"Is that so?" Vienna watched with a grin as Sky stood up and held out a hand. She placed her hand in his and allowed him to pull her up, the sudden movement almost causing her to crash into his chest. "I'm actually a pro myself, haven't you heard? I could beat you any day," she challenged as they began to walk towards the tables.

"You just made a big mistake challenging me."

Vienna joined a redhead at the end of the table, whilst Sky joined Riven on the other side. "Hey," Vie said with a smile as she turned towards the other girl. "You must be Bloom?"