59: Clue 1

His every stride makes the thumping in my heart get louder. Putting my mind on overdrive, I'm presented with numerous excuses that hold the possibility of raising yet another question in counter.

Shoving my hands into the depths of my pockets, I push away the piece of paper to its further most corner.

His gaze still holding mine hostage, the suspicion evident in them he continues to progress towards me.

Frowning he takes pause right in front of me and wordlessly grabs my hand. Flinching instinctively, I observe in silent panic as he studies my hand, and only then does realization settle in.

"What happened to your hand?" He inquires shedding just a sliver of concern in his tone.

"Nothing much," I mumble trying to mask the unavoidable urgency that tints my tone.

"You don't say," he retorts sarcastically.

"Fine, I got into a fight with someone. Liam knows about it, okay bye-bye," I confess removing my hand from his grasp and hightailing to my room.

Trashing the messenger paper into the dustbin in hopes that it might reach someone, I flop down on my desk chair releasing a defeated sigh.

Blocked User: Burn the paper.

'How am I supposed to do that without raising any alarms?' Is the first thought that pops into my mind when I read the text.

'Maybe I can use that to my advantage?'

But this idea is soon discarded when I realize that this stunt might attract a lot more attention than I intend to.

Collecting the same from the dustbin-that is relatively empty-I let my mind wander.

'I can burn the paper later at the fireplace'

Settling on this idea, I focus on the more pressing subject of concern. I'm yet to figure out what this sender wants, and I'm already at a helpless end of my rope?

Clouded with suggestions and objections cornering me from every side, my urgency for exiting the room reaches its apex.

Grabbing my gym back, I head to the only place I know I will find comfort-the gym.

Tapping my phone into the tranquillity of airplane mode, I zoom down the stairs and slip into the basement unnoticed.

With my bag finding its place at a corner, I'm quick to change out of my clothes and headspace.

Paring my device with the surround sound, I select my workout playlist and let the music and its beats resonate throughout the room. It doesn't much for me to lose myself into my drills and even less with music pumping in the air.

The track changes from Kings & Queens to So Am I by Ava Max letting me know the amount of time I spend on each station.

But the lingering change in the air that is quick to make it's presence known causes me to spot mid-push-up and face the door.

"Which part of tomorrow gym at six, didn't you understand?" Liam admonishes with crossed arms standing at the entrance of the gym.

"Needed to blow some steam," I grumble under my breath.

"Well, find another way then. Spending too many hours at the gym can cause some serious damage," he adds coating his tone in disapproval.

"Just routine exercise, Liam, nothing extreme," I defend my lost cause.

"I've seen you work out, Astoria. There is no moderation in your routine," he points out.

Just then the beats change from electropop to the heart-throbbing thump of metal rock. Being on one of its highest settings doesn't aid in any way which earns me a momentary glare from Liam.