7: Panic Attack

They both look at me alarmed and shocked at my behavior.

"And why not?" Xavier asks curiosity clear in his tone.

"Just, please.. n-no doc-doctor.. any-anything bu-but tha- that," I say as I feel the familiar feeling of a panic attack.

My heart starts beating really rapidly, my hands start shaking and I can feel layers of sweat covering my forehead. My chest contracts painfully making it hard for me to breathe and my head starts throbbing. I squeeze my eyes shut in pain and grab my head to reduce the pain, but it only increases.

"Shit! She's having a panic attack!"

I hear someone say but can't figure out who over my throbbing head and shortness of breath. I'm soon lifted out of my seat and placed on the ground and told to place my head between my knees and to focus on my breathing.

I place my hand on the chest of the person who's holding me, to follow his breathing and feel his heartbeat. This is the only thing I know that will help calm me down. The person doesn't remove my hand only brings me closer to him.

Xavier

'He is the one holding me'

After what feels like an hour my breathing finally comes back to normal and my chest isn't tight anymore. The throbbing in my head has reduced but not vanishes completely yet.

After I'm calm enough to move, I try to get up only to fall right back as a wave of exhaustion hits me. I wait for the impact of my body hitting the ground, but it never came as strong familiar arms wrap around me bringing me to a chest, not being able to keep my eyes open anymore I let sleep take over, knowing that I'm safe in his arms.

_______________________________

I finally gain consciousness and am greeted with the familiar walls of my room. I'm still wearing the same clothes that I had been wearing before only the pins and hair tie from my head are missing. The pain in my head has still not passed but has reduced majorly.

I check the time and it 5:00 in the morning, I look towards my window and sure enough, the sun is not yet up. Not feeling like staying up in my room anymore I take a quick shower, do my morning routine and head downstairs.

I descend the stairs and head towards the kitchen, that being the only other room other than my room and Xavier study that I'm familiar with. I enter the kitchen, but I'm shocked to see Liam already present here making some kind of protein shakes...I'm guessing.

He soon senses my presence making him look up at me, he gives me a worried look first and then a nod.

I mumble a 'good morning to you too' under my breath.

To which he only rolls his eyes and chuckles. After about five more minutes of silence, he passes me a glass of whatever he made. I look at it suspiciously.

"It's not going to kill you, don't worry," he says rolling his eyes again noticing the look I'm giving the inanimate object.

I take one last glance at it and take a small sip, to my surprise it actually tastes pretty good. I take another sip, only this time a bigger one and within a few more gulps it is over.

He takes the glass once I am done and puts it in the sink. Then turns to me with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I mumbled

'I've been mumbling quite a lot recently' I think to myself.

"You okay, why are you up so early, nightmares?" he asks with a concerned look, making me smile mentally at his concern.

"I'm fine and no, no nightmares, I'm normally up at this time," I say.

"Why?" He asks with a curious look.

"I normally have practice's at 6:00 and it used to take me twenty minutes to reach school walking and I was team captain so, I had to be there early to help set up for the drills," I say nonchalantly

"Wait why did you have to walk, didn't Erica drop you?" he asked with his eyebrows frowned.

I found it strange that he called mum by her name and not mum. But I let it slide not wanting to dwell on it and increase my already horrible headache.

"Mum's work started early and ended late at night, so she used to be too tired," I say casually shrugging my shoulder and soon regretting it when a sharp shooting pain goes through my arm and shoulder causing me to winch.

When he notices me winch he comes to my side hurriedly. He then places his hand on my injured shoulder and applies some pressure to it. That made me hiss in pain and jerk my shoulder away from his hand, immediately making me regret my action when a jolt of pain traveled from my shoulder up to my head and added to my already throbbing head.

Putting my head down on the breakfast bar and grabbing my shoulder in an attempt to reduce the pain.

"Hey relax I'm only trying to help. Just trust me," he says in a soft reassuring tone.

He then places his hand back on my injured shoulder and applies a little pressure like before but this time his other hand wraps around my waist restricting me from any movement that opposes his treatment. After about five minutes of him pressing and rubbing my shoulder he pulls the side of my shirt a little down my shoulder to see the injury.

"Hey it's okay I just want to check if it's infected or needs stitches," he says when he notices my body going stiff under his touch.

He than grabs the scissors which were lying on the breakfast bar, which I didn't even notice were there and cut the makeshift bandage I had wrapped it with to stop the bleeding. As soon as he cut it open I can feel the stinging sensation of the open wound.

Due to the lockers being open my shoulder hit the edge of the door which caused it to cut.

"I'm going to fucking kill that prick!" Liam says as I feel waves of anger roll off of him.

"I'm sorry this happened to you irmãzinha. I couldn't protect you," his voice is lanced with guilt. He now comes and stands in front of me.

'Wait why is he guilty, he didn't even know me than'

"It's not your fault Liam. I mean we didn't even know each other then," I say, but immediately regret it when I see pain clearly evident in his electric blue obits.

"You didn't but we did"

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading

Comment &vote

~Kia