~𝟡. 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕘~

~(y/n) POV~

It was quiet, the atmosphere was depressing. The leaders, Poppy, and Branch we're back to normal, well, almost normal.

Poppy looked at the strings fading away. She looked back after hearing Branch groan. She ran to him dropping the guitar.

"Branch!" Barb looked upset as she ran to the strings.

"No," she said as she picked them up carefully and softly. "My strings."

They completely disappeared. Barb stood up with wide eyes. She turned around to Poppy.

"What have you done? You destroyed music! Give it up, everybody! Thanks to the queen of Pop, we've all lost our music!" Barb yelled out to the crowd. "History repeats itself, Pop has ruined everything."

Barb glared at Poppy. Everyone looked so depressed, it made me sick. I look at Barb, I hated to see her like this. I wanted to go and hug her, but I didn't want people to think I still betrayed them like Creek.

I saw Prince D and Cooper put their heads down when they saw their parents look sad. Cooper felt his heart beating and saw a pink heart shape on his chest. It was flashing whenever his heartbeat.

He picked up a microphone and put it to his chest. His heartbeat rung through the speakers and into everyone's ears. Everyone looked at him confused and shocked.

Prince D walked up to him and started to beatbox with his heartbeat. King Quincy and Queen Essence started to smile.

"Those are our sons making music," Queen Essence said.

Delta Dawn saw her heart beating orange and started to clap and tap her hooves with it. Soon, everyone started to clap and stomp along and harmonize. Everyone's heart started to glow and flash the different colors.

"Queen Barb can't take away something that is inside us," Queen Essence said looking back at Barb. She looked so confused, bless her. "Because that's where music really comes from."

"It started with the strings, but now it comes from us," King Quincy finished. The trolls started to vocalize.

"Yeah, it comes from our experience," King Trollex said.

"Our laughs," Delta Dawn joined.

"Our culture," Queen Essence said.

"Beautiful!" King Trollzart said as the trolls continue to vocalize.

"Listen to that, Barb can't take that away," Poppy said as she put her hand over her heart to feel it beat.

Barb looked back over and saw something weird with my heart.

My heart was all rainbow.

I look at my chest and back up at Barb.

"I may be Pop and Rock, but you can be more than one thing," I say as I grab my guitar and started to play bass.

Poppy started to sing.

(Again, I'm too lazy to write the whole song, so just pretend you're singing along.)

The world went back to its beautiful colorful way and music was restored again, but without the strings.

Poppy talked with her dad for a minute or two before going over to Barb and me.

"Well, now that you're not forcing me, I hope we can be friends," Poppy said to Barb who had a big smile on her face.

"Yes! You hear that, Carol? We have a girl group now!" Barb yelled over to Carol who was, no surprise, eating spray cheese.

"A girl group? Nice!" Carol said as she threw the can. It bounced into Chaz's saxophone.

"Yeah! Carol!" Barb laughed as she started to walk away. "She's psyched."

Poppy looked at me.

"Poppy, I want to say I'm sorry for joining Barb's side, I just wanted to protect you and I-," I couldn't finish before Poppy interrupted.

"I know, you wanted to protect your friends and family, your parents would be so proud of you," she said as she hugged me. I hugged her back. She broke the hug and smirked at me. "Plus, I noticed how you act around her."

I started to blush madly.

"P-Poppy! I mean, yes I do like her, but I doubt she'd like me back," I say as I look at my hands nervously. Poppy puts a hand on my shoulder.

"If she doesn't like you back, then she doesn't deserve you! Don't you think she likes you after all the time she wanted to hang out with you?"

I thought about that. She did always want to hang with me, so, maybe she does like me. I look back up at Poppy and smiled as I hugged, to which she gladly returned.

Poppy broke the hug and started to talk to Branch.

I started to walk to Barb. I tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. Carol walked away to Riff.

"(y/n), I want to say I am so sorry for making you pick sides and hurting your friends and family, I understand that I'm a bad friend," Barb said. I instantly pulled her in a tight hug. Barb hesitated at first, but relaxed and hugged back.

"I don't care, as long as you learned your lesson," I say.

I didn't know that Carol was smirking at Barb while wiggling her eyebrows. Barb glared at her with a blush dusted on her cheeks.

Barb mouthed "Fuck Off" and flipped her off. Carol started to laugh and walked away. Me and Barb broke the hug and continued to talk.

Everyone is safe and happy now.