Chapter 10

An explosion was heard and Muichiro and Genya suddenly popped out into view. They made us an escape route. We went back to the dark tunnel and then suddenly, the hole they came in was gone.

"Since when did you arrive here?" Zenitsu asked.

"Muichiro left the tunnel and called for help since you guys we're trapped there." Genya explained. "Speaking of busy, what happened down there?" Muichiro asked them.

"There was this demon who claims to be the "Servant of the Second King." Whatever that is." Zenitsu answered.

Tanjiro was carrying Kanao was unconscious on his back. "And boy it was strong. It took a combined effort of 7 people to defeat a demon child." He replied.

"It took 7 people to kill a goddamn child?!!" Genya was surprised. "Surely, this is very troublesome."

It took them another few hours to make it back to the Butterfly Estate. Tanjiro still carried Kanao in his back. He looked at the Vine Pillar, who was surprisingly not injured whatsoever.

Aoi saw them and opened the door for them. Nezuko was slightly shocked to see his older brother full of wounds, and then rushed to give him a hug. He then placed her to a bed to rest and the 3 girls, plus Aoi addressed to her leg wound.

"Onii-chan, what got you guys so beaten up?" She asked.

"The demon killing business is frustrating. We're used to it, Nezuko." Tanjiro doesn't want to relay more information. Zenitsu runs to her and hugs her tightly, with Tanjiro looking stern as he is. "Nezuko-chan! I missed you!" He shouted happily.

"But its been a day or two, but I guess I missed you too, Zenitsu-san." Nezuko replied.

The others left the mansion in order to report this. Inosuke went to the kitchen to get some riceballs. Tanjiro is sitting next to Kanao as he waits for her to wake up. But then, Kanao unexpectedly woke up. She looked at Tanjiro and hugged him.

"You're finally awake!" He replied. "I was worried about you." Kanao blushed and smiled. "Thanks for looking out for me." She giggled a bit.

"Where are the others?" She asked.

"The rest of the hashiras are going to report this to the master and to other hashiras." Tanjiro answered.

"Wanna go get some food?" Kanao asked as she tried to stand up, and then she lost balance and almost tripped but she was caught by Tanjiro. "You're still recovering. Let me help you." He smiled as he helped her walk.

The two then head to the kitchen only to find Inosuke and Aoi together cooking food. Tanjiro saw this for the first time as Inosuke is mostly harsh when it comes to stuff, including food.

"Ahh, Monjiro! How's your girlfriend? He looked at them, sending them blushed.

"Ohh my god, it's Tanjiro! And she's fine. The wound is healing up but she's having a bit of trouble walking." He relayed and made her sit on a chair.

"What are you guys cooking anyways? That smells delicious." Kanao smelled good scent from the food the two are cooking. Aoi looked at her. "We're cooking Oden and some Riceballs, but that's for Inosuke since he likes stealing food."

"Hey I was hungry, plus you didn't save me some or left some in the kitchen." Inosuke protested. The two chuckled and Tanjiro sat next to Kanao to wait for the meal. This also gave him time to think. "The Second King. Does she mean the next Muzan? No, it can't be. We defeated him!" He thought.

"But that demon child showed power the same as an uppermoon. So it might be a possibility. And for that we need to find more of these guys to know where this King is." He devised in his mind.

Kanao looked at him. "Tanjiro, you still there?" She poked his face, causing him to return to reality and saw her poking him. "I'm good. Just thinking about stuff." He responded.

Their meals were prepared and served on the table. Aoi called everyone to the kitchen. After minutes, Nezuko, Zenitsu and the 3 girls arrived and they ate the food served.