006

august 22nd, 2020
1:58 am

BRANDON WOKE UP ON HIS COUCH, which wasn't surprising

He had a tendency of passing out here instead of his bed due to being exhausted from practice or workouts.

What was surprising was the girl who was laying her head on his outstretched arm.

Brandon blinked a couple of times as the memories of last night flowed back into his cranium, similar to a river.

The night had been spent with jokes from him about the silence from the movie and how the main character looked, her shushing him, laughter and popcorn.

"Sunny. Sunny," Brandon started to slowly slide his arm out from underneath her head, but the girl still was fast asleep.

"Oh man," Brandon muttered, "Sunny," He gently rolled her shoulder a couple of times until her eyes sprang open.

"What?" Sunday looked at him and then immediately jumped to her feet, "What's going on? Where am I?"

"My dorm. We must've fell asleep after the movie," Brandon replied, slowly rising from the couch himself.

"Shit, what time is it? Where's my glasses? Shit! Where's my phone!?" Sunday was visibly panicked.

Brandon put his hands up, "Ma, calm down. They're both on the floor," He gestured to the carpeted floor where sure enough her glasses and her phone were laying a few inches away from each other.

Sunday scooped them both up and once she put her phone close to her face, she groaned, "It's two am. Holy fuck, holy fuck, holy fuck."

"Calm down. It's fine, I'll just walk you back." Brandon grabbed his Kentucky Basketball sweatshirt off of his bed and shrugged it on over his white tee.

"No, no, no. You don't understand. This is like, prime hoe hours. If anyone sees you walking me back, they're gonna think we had sex." Sunday explained in a frantic tone.

"Who cares about that?" Brandon tilted his head a little.

"Me! I don't wanna be known as that girl on campus. I haven't really made friends yet and no one wants to be around that girl." Sunday jammed her glasses onto her face.

Brandon put his hand on his heart, fake offended, "I'm not your friend? I invite you to my dorm, give you popcorn and let you sleep and we're not friends?"