017

september 17th, 2020
12:45 am

THE ROOM WAS dim and the smell from his lavender diffuser filled the atmosphere

Sunday and Brandon laid together in his bed, the thick duvet covering only their intertwined legs.

Brandon was shirtless and Sunday was wearing one of his shirts, their real clothes and her shoes strewn among the floor.

Her fingers were lightly tracing the clock tattooed on his forearm while Brandon's other hand was resting over her belly button, his thumb cascading back and forth.

His skin was cool and smooth to the touch and they both smelled lightly of his cologne, a mix of sandalwood, vanilla and a hint of dew.

"What does this mean?" Sunday murmured, the side of her face pressed against his bare chest.

"Which one?" Brandon looked down at her.

"This one," Sunday tapped his arm with her nail.

"Live life until your time runs out." Brandon responded.

Her hand moved to the Bible quote on his bicep, "And this?"

"That's my mom's favorite bible verse." Brandon replied.

"Your tattoos are so cool," Sunday went back to tracing the intricate clock.

"Why don't you get one?" Brandon inquired.

"Because I wanna be a lawyer and lawyers, well the good ones at least, they just don't have tattoos." Sunday pointed out.

"If you could have one what would you get?" Brandon replied.

Sunday contemplated his question before smiling, "A hummingbird. It's my dad's favorite animal. And I would put it right..." Sunday lifted Brandon's hand to indicate her ribcage, "Here, so it's easy to hide."

"You're too nice to be a lawyer," Brandon lifted Sunday's chin in order to press a kiss to her lips, "I can't imagine you going toe to toe with people." He chuckled.

"You haven't seen me in a debate." Sunday countered.

"It seems too stressful a job," Brandon mused as he brushed his fingers against her panty covered hipbone, sliding his fingers inside to rub her bare skin.

"Like the NBA isn't?" Sunday smiled at the feel of his hands.

"Fair point," Brandon leaned his head back onto the pillow, "Why a lawyer though?"