six : overprotective

Claudia decided to take a walk on the beach before going over to Quil's, though she'd probably still get there before he woke up

Claudia decided to take a walk on the beach before going over to Quil's, though she'd probably still get there before he woke up. Jake was with Bella today, so it just left the two of them. She had no doubts in her mind that they'd either end up back at the beach or playing Smash on his GameCube. She sighed, stuffing her hands in her pockets as she looked out at the water. It was another overcast day, but it didn't like the rain would hold off for long, based on the fast approaching dark clouds. She sighed again, turning around with the intention of starting her trek to Quil's. She gasped lightly, seeing the grey wolf sitting in the tree line.

It was the first time she'd ever seen it during the day, the first time she really understood just how big it was. Definitely taller than her, just about as big as a horse. It was more than jarring, seeing it out of the cover of darkness. "You scared me." She chuckled, walking over to it. "I'm sorry I didn't come last night, I was in Port Angeles with my friends. And then Embry just had to be waiting outside my house when I got home." She sighed, rolling her eyes as her fingers tangled through the wolves ever-soft fur. "He kept saying things we so complicated, and that Sam wasn't bad. It wasn't a gang. He...he grew, like a ton. And his skin was on fire. I'm not convinced he wasn't delusional." The wolf barked a laugh.

"I'll tell you everything tonight, okay?" She removed her hand, and it whined. "I gotta go." She chuckled. "Someone has to get Quil out of bed before dark." She began to walk towards the road. Much to her surprise, the wolf followed. "Someone could see you, you know." She pointed out as they neared the road. "And a lot of people here hunt." Another barked laugh. "Okay, fine. But it's your funeral if someone sees you following me around." Much to her surprise, the road was clear. She stepped off the road, starting down the deer trail that cut through the woods with the wolf right beside her.

"You're gonna have to let me be alone when I get to Quil's, though." She pointed out. "You can't just come inside with me." The wolf whined lightly. "What? You don't see me for one night and suddenly you get all overprotective?" She chuckled, looking down at it as they turned onto the trail that led to Quil's street. "You're ridiculous. I'll be fine. Based on the clouds, we'll probably just sit in his room playing games all day anyway." The wolf whined again when they reached the tree line. She stopped and it sat down, looking up at her. "If you're really that concerned, just wait for me. Or, come back at least. I'm sure you'll be able to find me if we go somewhere else." It huffed, but nodded. "Relax, it's not like I'm in danger or anything." She scratched behind it's ear a final time before stepping out of the trees.

Every so often, she'd look to her right and see the wolf's form darting through the trees, making her roll her eyes and shake her head. She couldn't for the life of her figure out why it was acting so strange, so protective. It was honestly pretty funny, if not a little cute. She shook the thoughts from her mind, though, as she sifted through her keys on her key ring to find the one to Quil's house. Just as she was pushing the door open she glanced back, easily spotting the eyes of the wolf through the trees.