Chapter Eleven

𝐸 𝑁 𝑍 𝑂

"Liliana! Hey, wake up!" I shouted shaking her shoulders. When she didn't respond, I quickly unlocked the handcuffs. I picked her up and rushed out of the cell.

"Luciano!" I shouted, "Luciano! We have a problem!" I ran and ran until I made it to the upper part of the warehouse. He turned around confused.

"What's the problem? Why is she up here?" he asked.

"I was talking to her and she just passed out," I said stilling holding her.

"How do you know it isn't just a trick?" he asked crossing his arms.

"Because she wouldn't do this," I said, getting irritated. I put my fingers on her neck to check for a pulse.

"Her...pulse, I can't find it," I said looking at him. This got his attention.

"Domenico, get Dr. Nik down here as soon as possible," he shouted, he cleared the table and took her from me. He started CPR and checking her pulse every once in a while.

"I got a pulse," he said, luckily Dr. Nik walked in just in time.

"I'll take over from here," he said placing his bag in Alex's hands and took her into one of the other rooms on this floor. After they disappeared, Luciano turned to me.

"How did this happen? I thought you were feeding her every day," he questioned.

"I have been, I go down there every day. I talk to her and keep her company," I said sighing, rubbing my temples.

"I'm going to call some friends and see if they can find something down there," he said, flatly before walking away. I over to the basement door and walked down to where Hugo was.

"Mr. Langello," he said flatly.

"Mr. Dubois," I said mocking him. He rolled his eyes.

"Do you all still have my daughter?" he asked, looking me in the eyes this time.

"We do," I said answering him simply.

"Is she ok? That's all I need to know," he said.

"She is...breathing," I said.

"What did you do to my daughter?" he asked snapping at me.

"Hugo, I promise you, that we haven't done anything to her, she is my friend. She has been eating, so simply just passed out," I said, he rolled his eye and shook his head.

"She's diabetic or so the doctors say, she mainly has blood pressure problems," he said.

"Diabetic? Why didn't she tell us? Or why didn't you say anything?" I asked, growing impatient.

"It really wasn't on my mind when I was getting stabbed in the thigh by a knife at the time," he said. I rolled my eyes and rushed back upstairs.

"Don!" I shouted until I found him by the door smoking a cigarette.

"Liliana is diabetic, I guess we weren't giving her what her body needed so she shut down or whatever," I said.

"Why didn't we know this?" he asked sitting up.

"I don't know boss, I haven't got a clue," I said.

"I'll go let Dr. Nik know, maybe he can give her body something to help with it," he said and walked away. I can tell he still cares for her even though he won't admit it. Finding out she is a Dubois probably broke him more than he let us see.

Everybody knows he has a thing for her even though they didn't see each other every day. I sighed and walked inside the warehouse. I sat in one of the chairs that were beside the room Liliana and Dr. Nik were in. Luciano walked out fuming, I'm guessing something didn't go right. Next came Doc.

"Enzo, where did your brother go?" he asked sighing.

"It's probably not best to talk to him right now," I said, "can I take a message for him?"

"Just...just tell him that I'm going to give her a type of medicine she needs to take every day. It's a self-shot, she also needs to keep her sugar under control," he said before walking back into the room. Instead of going to find Luciano once again, I just pulled out my phone and sent him what I needed to tell him.

I leaned back in the chair and waited for the Doc to come out with great or just good news. And when he did, he just stated that he got her stable and awake.

"Hey Zo," she said, giving me a weak smile.

"Hey Lil," I said giving her a bigger smile and sat beside her, "why didn't you tell us you were diabetic or that we weren't giving you the right foods?"

"It didn't cross my mind, to be honest," she said shrugging it off like it was nothing.

"You gave us quite the scare," I said.

"I'm sorry," she said looking down.

"It's ok because now you're fine," I said, "Luciano almost lost his mind when we couldn't find your pulse,"

"Yeah right, he doesn't care about me now," she said.

"I'm being serious, he took you from me and started to do CPR for you," I said, "he found your pulse before the Doctor got here,"

"Oh," she said playing with her fingers, "can you send him in, please? I think he and I need to talk,"

"If that's what you want," I said, she nodded and I walked out of the room shutting the door behind me. I walked to his office he has here, I knocked before walking in.

"Hey boss," I said. He looked up from the papers that he was looking over.

"What is it now, Lorenzo?" he asked using my full name. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes. If there is one thing I hate, it's my full name.

"Lili is asking to speak to you," I said. That caught his attention, he placed his pen down.

"Why would she be asking for me?" he asked.

"I told her about you finding her pulse," I said, "you brought her back from flatlining,"

"Great," he mumbled, rolling his eyes before getting up.

"Play nice with her," I teased, he mumbled something in Italian before bumping my shoulder. I laughed and followed him out but turning into the kitchen.