Chapter Forty-Three

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

        I should be happy that my future wife is pregnant, really I should. But do you know how this changes plans for the wedding? Now, nothing and I mean nothing can go wrong. Everything has to go as according to plan. I am more upset than happy. With this plan, I have to miss things that I should be there for.

       I paced around my office as Enzo, Dom, and Alex were helping me go over the plans. I listened to them as they added in their comments about it. Majority of the comments were trash so I didn't really listen to them.

     "You know, we can come up with another plan. One where this doesn't have to happen and you can stay here," Enzo said.

       "There is no other way, this is the only way! I want my family safe and this is the safest way I know," I shouted looking over at him. I stared him down but it was interrupted as someone knocked on my door. I sighed and walked over to it, opening the door to see Liliana standing there with a smile plastered on her that faded away when she noticed I had a frown.

       "What's wrong?" she asked taking my hand in hers.

      "We all had a disagreement, that's all," I said with a small smile, "is there something you needed?"

       "Oh! Your mom and I are going to be in the living room, looking at baby things. Cutting out pictures and all that fun stuff so we have ideas for when we start putting the nursery together," she said smiling, pushing her glasses up.

      "Ok, I won't be much longer and then I can come down there," I said smiling. She nodded and quickly kissed me before walking away. I closed the door and leaned my head on it. I could feel them all looking at me.

        "I won't be here to put the room together," I whispered, "I want you all to promise me something," they nodded and listened to me.
"Promise me that while I'm away, you all will watch her and the little one. I want you to help her in anyway you can. Anything she wants or needs, I want you to get it for her. Help her get everything together and keep her from starving herself. Make sure she eats and stays healthy," I said, "promise me that you will try and keep this bright and happy Liliana around,"

        They all nodded and promised that they would, which made my mood lift a little not much but a little. I dismissed them and walked downstairs into the living room where Lili and mom were sitting on the floor, cutting pictures out of books/magazines. I watched them as they taped or glued them down to a book and had it labeled for what it was for and what the name was.

        I made my way in and sat behind Liliana, I placed my hands on her stomach and drew circles as she continued to work with mom. I got them snacks and drinks when they wanted some. Other than that, I was either behind Liliana or helping them sort the pictures out. They stopped four hours in, I helped them pick everything up. I threw the trash away and took the tray of snacks into the kitchen where I wrapped it in cling wrap before sticking it into the fridge.

      "So what are we going to do for the rest of the day?" Lili asked, I checked my watch to see it was almost three in the evening.

       "I'm not too sure, maybe just chill and watch movies. Take a break from everything," I suggested, I was tired of working. I needed a break because if I continued to work, I would end up depressed. I only have a little less than four weeks with Liliana left and I want to spend them together.

      I held her hand as I led us to our room. We got into our sides and I handed her the remote. She never likes any of the movies I pick out so I always let her pick, her movies always ended up being better than my choices.

      "How about Kong: Skull Island?" she asked, looking over at me.

      "Whatever you wanna watch," I said, she rolled her eyes and ended up going with Planet of the Apes, which led to us watching the whole movie series.

       Just like I said, she has good movie choices. I went to sit up but I noticed how Lili was sleeping. Half of her body on mine, making it hard to get up without waking her up. I moved closer to her and stroked her hair, every now and again kissing the top of her head. Moments like this I wish would never end.

     Because right now, it's peaceful. We have nothing to worry about, it's just us and our baby. I wasn't worrying about the plans for our wedding day and all of the possibilities of how it could end.