𝐈𝐈

「 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: really excited to just be revamping how the chapters look, and i hope you guys like them too! they definitely look sleeker to me, i'm putting in maybe a little too much effort lol.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: mentions of death, mentions of a dead body, mentions of murder, slight gore/slight violence, previous mentions of drug abuse

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬: murphy - original character created for the story ; bee - original character created for the story

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

Groaning, you sprang up out of bed, cursing at quite possibly the most ear-deafening alarm blaring from your phone's speaker. It was eight in the morning as stated by your painfully bright lock screen.

"Shit." You mumbled, stumbling around your bedroom making a path to your closet. As you swung the sliding door over, your beside radio kicked on just like you had programmed it to do.

"This just in, yet another Pro Hero has stepped down after a meeting with Asphyxia, this time it was up and coming hero Jaguar, who admitted to drug abuse and smuggling, as well as money laundering. In a public statement made only minutes ago, he confessed saying he felt like it was the 'next right step' after being slammed with heavily incriminating evidence provided by Asphyxia. Our team is currently sifting through released copies of these files and we'll update you with news to follow."

Your head shot over to the radio, heaving a sigh past your lips.

They always try to humble themselves. Like it'll do them any good.

Pulling on fresh clothes for the day, you then rushed to the bathroom to fix your hair. You settled on only trying to run a brush through it, not bothering to try and style it any particular way. You were on the brink of being late.

Spritzing a few dashes of a scented body spray on, you rushed toward the fire-escape window, grabbing your phone, wallet, and keys along the way, closing the window behind you and flipping the hidden mechanism that would lock your window from the outside, something you'd built and installed to prevent any possible burglaries while you were gone.

Climbing down a few rows of stairs before hiking down the ladder to the ground, you were checking your phone for the time as your feet landed on the wet concrete.

Eight twenty-seven. Pick up the pace, dumbass.

You hurried along the crowded streets, rushing toward your destination. You weren't about to be late. You'd never hear the end of it.

You passed by a few TVs playing this mornings' news coverage over Asphyxia, chuckling at the descriptions they'd chosen to label you as. The most humorous one being that they believed you were male.

And as you passed by heroes beginning their patrols, your anger boiled inside of you. Smug looks resting on their faces because they were getting heavily funded to walk the streets and lie to kids about how 'cool' the world was.

Turning a corner, you darted across the street, watching as the pedestrian crossing signal began to count down. Just barely reaching the end before the 'stop' signal reappeared, you continued down the street, gloomy clouds rolling through the skies above you.