𝐗𝐈𝐈

「 𝐢'𝐦𝐚 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: a day off on a thursday?? you know how im spending it- mdskjadk pov im gonna try and write a good chapter but i doubt it'll happen

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: violence, mentions of death, blood, dabi being dabi, tomura is still hesitant with you, abusive relationship, toxic relationship, your parents are assholes

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

When you wake up in the dank and decrepit motel room, you feel warmth radiating from your back. Dabi's still sound asleep, snuggled into you.

You try not to wake him as you crawl out of bed and walk toward the musty bathroom. It's not something you'd like to shower in, but you swallow down the gross feeling of the slimy tile under your feet and turn the water to warm, even though it won't get hot.

You're surprised that Dabi hasn't burst in yet, claiming he needed to shower too, opting to join you to save water when worrying about the environment is the last thing on his murder-muddled mind. 

Your shower is quick, washing off the regret of last night, praying that you'd done a good enough job to not cause any suspicion. Though with your luck, you doubt you'll be getting out this easy.

When ten am rolls around, you're checking out and hopping into a rented car you plan on ditching somewhere since you'd practically stolen it from the lot. 

Your stomach rumbles as does Dabi's as you pull up to a small diner, barely packed since the breakfast rush was simmering down.

However, as you step into the establishment, you're reluctant to find a couple, one that seems familiar.

Dabi's disguised like usual, sitting down in a booth in the corner. You eye the strange couple as you walk past them, curiosity biting at you. Something about them seems so familiar. Trailing a bit of your smoke, you yank the man's wallet from his pocket onto the floor, creating a way to look at his license, hoping to get a name.

And as you pick up the wallet, you're terrified. The couple, that have now clearly noticed your presence...are your parents.

"Kid?" Your father mumbles, staring at you.

"Dad. Mom." You acknowledge them with anger in your voice. They seem to glare back at you in the same tone.

You don't remember much about your parents, just that they were aspiring heroes that had ditched the child they had to chase the eternity of their careers. A career full of wealth, fame, popularity, materialistic items, and god knows whatever else they wanted.

"What are you doing here? Thought you were in Musutafu." Your mother spoke quietly. You could feel Dabi's eyes burning holes into your skin, he was curious too.

"Came up to visit a friend."

"Didn't know you had those." Your father bit back. You could feel all sorts of things building up inside of you.

Hurt, anger. The hole created by them inside of you, longing for a parental role to follow.

"Had you stayed, you'd know." You retaliated. It was at this point, Dabi had seen, and heard enough. Rising from his booth, decided to take you elsewhere to eat, he approached you. 

"Let's go." Dabi tugged your arm. You glared at your parents.

"I hope it was worth it. You were shit parents, let's hope you were at least decent heroes." You spat at them as you left, the bell above the door dinging as you exited the building.

"You drive." You tossed the keys to Dabi as he hopped into the driver-side. You sat in the passenger seat and sighed, closing your eyes as Dabi drove, miraculous considering he didn't entirely know how to.

You hadn't realized you were driving back to Musutafu until Dabi mentioned something about just getting food with the league.

"I wouldn't have guessed mommy and daddy issues were included in this package too." Dabi muttered, resting a hand on your thigh.

"I wouldn't say your slate's too clean either. C'mon, you got some dirty rotten secret too? Abused as a child? What fucked you up?" You asked, not minding the subtle rubbing of his hand on your thigh.

"I don't think you qualify to know that story yet." Dabi chuckled.

"You want me to suck your dick again?" You tease, rolling your eyes.

"You're not so much of an open book either. Let's see, I know that you're a woman, and now that you've got shitty parents. Other than that, what else do I know about you?" Dabi made a solid point. You weren't so open about your past so why should he be.

"If I show you mine will you show me yours?" You ask, tempting Dabi with the truth as long as he did the same.

"Sure why not."

You weren't emotionally ready to unpack it all, but you did.

"Parents were heroes. They chased that bandwagon I guess until it crashed. They had me in the midst of their uprising and ditched me to follow their dreams. Sorta implanted the whole 'I hate heroes' schtick." You speak quietly, just loud enough for Dabi to hear.

"Guess we are a bit more alike than we seem." Dabi comments. your ears perk up.

"Your folks are heroes too?" You ask, turning to face him.

"Just one. Not a great person." Dabi didn't want you learning anything you shouldn't, so he kept it as vague as possible. 

"Fuck heroes." You mumbled.

"Yeah, fuck heroes." Dabi muttered back.

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 900