𝐈𝐈𝐈

「 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐰𝐞𝐛: 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: pre-writing all these chapters is actually really fun, it definitely makes the process of updating a lot easier. hoping to get a few more done soon so i'll have time to write new chapters while i post already written ones :') i've also decided to start tagging the warnings like i'm on ao3-i would love to write on there but the layout confuses me-

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: mentions of death, murder, online stalking, toxic relationships, abusive relationships, assault, drugs, roofies/drugging, smoking, manga/anime spoilers(season 5)

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

Popping open the double-shot canned coffee drink you'd picked up at a nearby convenience store, along with a few snacks to tide you over for the day, you'd sat down at your desk, closed your curtains, and turned off the lights, darkening your room to a more tolerable level of brightness.

Lifting the screen and opening your laptop, you quickly type in your pin and watch as your laptop unlocks to its home screen.

You quickly navigate to an internet browser and begin typing in an address. Upon pressing the enter key, you're rewarded with a black screen, and by typing out a rather unusual passcode on the keyboard, yet another security feature pops up, requesting that you 'complete the puzzle.'

Sighing at the rather annoying process, you click them in a certain order and they unlock, allowing you access to a plethora of illegal websites, all of which seem far too dangerous for you to even be seeing.

But you're not looking for much, rather an inlet to police records of suspicious persons. Someone related to arson or quite possibly homicide.

Typing in 'fire' into the search bar resulted in well over a thousand suspects. You had to do some refining. Putting in a time period for the past 2-3 months, with a suspect between the ages of 18-30, you got some cleaner results.

Nothing caught your eye. No unusual suspects stood out, and certainly none that had weird scarring under their eyes.

Adding to the list of refinements, you added blue eyes and black hair to the descriptive features. That lowered the number of search results, but still nothing related to what you had seen.

Heaving a sigh, you clicked back to the homepage, scrolling through hoping to find something better.

A link for a criminal record database caught your eye. Opening it up, you were surprised to see a similar layout to the site you had just previously visited.

Typing into the search bar a few keywords like 'fire', 'black hair', and 'blue eyes' resulted in some more satisfying results.

One of which lead you right where you needed to be.

League of Villains attack leaves small town in shambles as blue flames roar over the horizon. Witnesses claim Dabi set the city ablaze amidst fleeing from heroes and authorities.

Your eyes widen at the mention of the League of Villains. It made a bit more sense. Dabi was a criminal, a villain. He wouldn't just be on any regular database, or at least it made sense for villains to be grouped separately from those with 'regular' offenses like loitering.