Chapter 34

"Lou, are you almost ready?" Harry knocks on Louis' door, getting permission from the smaller boy to enter

"Yeah, I'm ready. Is there still no way we can skip this and have uno night?"

Harry chuckles as he is putting himself next to Louis on the bed.

"As much as I would like to do that, I promised Steph we would come. It's also special for her because her brother is back in town."

"Tristan?" Louis looks at Harry, his face looking pale all of a sudden.

"Yeah I think that's the name she mentioned. Is he nice?"

"We are not going." Louis takes off his jeans jacket, hanging it on a random chair in his room. Harry gives Louis a confused look.

"Lou, you promised you would come with me!" Harry whines, following the boy around.

"I changed my mind. We have to work on our project from English. I found some really nice articles about gay rights and..."

"Don't act like you care about our project. Louis, you promised you would come with me."

"You are also not going, Harry. We both stay at home."

And as much as Harry likes Louis, nobody has the right to boss him around.

"No, I'm going, with or without you."

"Hazza..." Louis sighs, giving the boy an annoyed look.

"No, Louis. You promised you would go with me tonight. If you don't want to, fine. Then I know how much I can rely on you. Just know that I will go." Harry's face is stern and it makes Louis feel bad.

"Harry, please. We can meet up another time all together. Let's stay home tonight. It's for the better."

"I'm going."

"You are not."

"Watch me." Harry leaves Louis' room, walking downstairs with an angry mood. Who does Louis think he is to decide when Harry can go out or not?

"Hazza!" Louis runs behind him, stopping the boy.

"What, Lou. I get it. You break your promise. I'll go by myself."

Louis sighs, cursing at himself internally for the thing he is going to say now.

"Take my car keys already. I'll drive us. I'm going to grab my jacket."

Harry's eyes are lighting up again, kissing the boy on the cheek.

"Thank you so much, Lou. You are the best."

Louis just blushes and mumbles an 'I know' before taking his jacket.

--

Louis is driving while Harry is texting Stephanie.

We'll be a bit later, sorry. It was hard to get Louis to come. He suddenly changed his mind when I mentioned your brother, guess they didn't get along. -H

Ugh, he's just a homophobic piece of shit. -S

Don't talk about him like that! And why? Thought your brother was straight no? Broke up with his girlfriend? -H

He is bi. Anyway, I'll see you in a bit. -S

"Didn't you want us to go because Tristan is bi?" Harry ask straight to the point. If that was Louis' reason he wanted an explanation.

Louis' jaw clenches, his knuckles becoming white as he presses his fingers in the wheel.

"Didn't know he was bi."