Four

Hey guys, I almost didn't update here. I got the book wrong and accidentally updated 'Hate Me Harder' instead... *sigh. But, who cares. Here's chapter Four.

---

Mike's POV

I stared at him, noticing how he kept his head low, eyes casted straight, fingers having a tight hold on the cane. It was heartwarming to watch.

The way he kept quiet until he couldn't take it anymore. Or the way he kept flinching whenever he felt something move to the side. It was all new to me.

Justin was so different to everyone who surrounded him. Still, there was something about him that just fit right. He somehow managed to look normal. Like it wasn't a situation where he didn't see. Sure, he was very nervous, uncertain of everything since the time I met him, but still, as I continued to stare at him, the less I thought of it.

From the second my eyes landed on him, I couldn't look away. It fascinated me.

I did notice Janet give me a confused glance in class though, but I didn't even think to wave at her.

I sat next to Justin, as Mrs. Rose had told me. I analyzed how he sat straight and alert at all times. How he kept his head down when he didn't speak and how his fingers were structured on the recorder. Right thumb on the record button and the left thumb on the select one.

We were in our forth class together and it was maths. Apparently, the school got him a special volunteer from the town's commit to help him around that hour.

That's how I ended up sitting behind him, while a man came and helped him out. I did my own thing, but kept a close eye on the people in front of me. I felt responsible for Justin.

Janet didn't like it one bit. I could feel her glare all throughout the class, probably because I wasn't sitting next to her, even when I wasn't helping Justin.

I couldn't care less. I'd told her about my situation. If she doesn't understand, then why bother?

Now I just sounded like a bad boyfriend. I'll pamper her later.

"Mike, are you paying attention to the sum?"

Looking up, I gave a nod at the teacher, extending a smile to win the situation. I should've paid attention, but I had things in my mind. Along with them, now I had to worry if Justin thought that I wasn't a smart student. He couldn't actually see what's going on, right?

The teacher continued through her work and I continued to wait for the bell to ring. Once it did, I was the first one to jump to go and was beside Justin in a flash.

The helper gave me a weird glance and I just smiled. "I'm his new friend, so I kind of take care of him on his first day." I tried to say it like I meant it and this wasn't a burden to me, because that's the truth.

By the look of Justin blushing, cute face, I knew I didn't say anything wrong. Why was the guy so cute? How could someone be so innocent yet inviting at the same time. I've never met a guy like him.

"Alright then, Justin, I'll see you tomorrow right here, same time. You have it in your timetable right?" Justin nodded. "Well then, I'll be off."

Then I helped Justin get out of the class. Helped, as in, stand there doing nothing because he didn't want, or ask, for any help. I talked though, asking how he liked it so far and such. So he knew that I was still there.

Hope met us on the way to the cafeteria. She thanked me and pulled Justin along. When I realized that they were leaving me behind, I rushed to them.

"Hey, wait a sec, I wanna come too."