Chapter 46

Kaden

When I was sure she was falling asleep, I slowly unwrapped my arms around her and kissed her hair.

The smell of her hair made me close my eyes tightly and when I got up I stayed a few more moments to look at her.

In her sleep she was as calm and beautiful as ever. Her hair was untangled all over the pillow and her chest moved rhythmically, giving the impression of sleeping peacefully.

I glanced at her again and left the room, though every step I took brought me back to her.

But I had to leave.

I walked into the office where Jaxon and Louis were already largely discussing tactics.

"Is everything clear, are there any changes?"

They both turned their heads as I approached them from behind.

"There are no ambiguities, everything is crystal clear."

Louis said that then Jaxon would continue.

"The plan remains the same."

"Good."

We all sat a little longer, discussing what could potentially go wrong, and we discussed rescue tactics. The truth is, we weren't sure we were going to make it. William is a cunning old man. And with things like this you never know.

The loud ticking of the clock announced to us that it was long past midnight.

'' Guys, go get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day. Louis you will stay home with Ocean like we agreed and be our technical support. Good luck to all of us. "

We all nodded. When Jaxon was at the door, he turned and looked at me.

"Who knows, maybe will be some friends. Strange are the ways of the Lord.''

I smiled and waved at him.

'' Go to sleep you asshole. My life depends on you, so get a good night's sleep. "

I knew it would be hard to get a good night rest because too many things were rolling around in our heads.

One thought echoed in mine over and over again.

What if I never see the Ocean again?

The morning dawned and our preparations came to an end. I approached the Ocean's door quietly and slowly opened it. I watched her sleep peacefully, wrapped in bedding. The morning sun kissed her face and I was jealous of the sun's rays. I wanted it to be me.

'' Goodbye little one. ''

I closed the door and reached the jeep. No one was sitting on the seats, only a big black bag was in the trunk.

Louis approached me and set up a small camera that was camouflaged as a button and another device that read thermal heat.

''All set. Good luck buddy! ''

Louis patted me on the shoulder and hesitantly said. I watched him for a few moments and then I hugged him brotherly and patted him on the back.

"If something happens to me, I want you to take care of my sister. Let her be happy. Okay? ''

I felt him laugh.

'' Its a deal buddy. Don't worry.''

I got into a jeep and headed down a road I didn't know if it was only in one direction.

When I arrived at the deserted meadow where we had agreed to meet, no one was there yet.

"Can you hear me well?"

I said into a tiny, invisible microphone. The voice in my ears echoed.

"Loud and clear."

I heard the sound of the engine and turned when I noticed a black SUV going in my direction.He stopped in front of me and the door opened showing William. Ian was sitting in the driver's seat.

'' Well, well, well. We're finally meeting, Mr. Ward. "

His slimy voice disgusted me to an unprecedented extent. The very mention of my last name aroused in me the desire to end his life there immediately. How dare he pronounce my father's last name. The man whose murder he ordered.

'' Enough with this polite shit. We came here to finish the job. So let's do it right away without unnecessary words. "

He pursed his lips and nodded.

"If that's what you want, then show me my son's body."

I opened the trunk and grabbed the handles of the black bag. I gathered all the strength I had and picked it up and threw it on the dusty ground covered with grass and wildflowers.

Sorry, this must have hurt. But you're so fucking heavy.

I thought to myself.

"Show me the papers before I show you the dead corpse."

He raised his hand and reached for his inside pocket. The white papers fluttered in the wind.

"Everything is here, as I promised. And now show me Jaxon. Or what's left of him. "

I bent down slowly and began to unbutton the zipper, while my other hand slowly approached the boots where my gun was hidden.

When I had completely unzipped my bag, William leaned over to look at the corpse. Jaxon was stained with blood and blue bruises were visible on his face.

William smiled and leaned even more to have a better look.

"Well done."

And when it was his turn to give me the papers, the wind blew harder and they bent down revealing a shiny gun behind them. Just as he was about to fire a shot, Jaxon raised his hand and shot him directly in the heart. He fell over him.

'' You're fucking bastard. You are triumphing over your son's death. "

Jaxon said as he removed his body from himself. I quickly took the gun out of my boot and started firing at Ian who opened a gun fire. I hid behind the jeep while Jaxon was shielded by William's body.

One of my shots hit him in the head and he fell dead next to the SUV.

I was relieved because it was all over.

"Kaden watch out, someone is behind you! The thermal camera spotted him. "

Louis's voice echoed in my head, but I wasn't fast enough.

There was a shot, then another one.

I fell to the ground, while blood flowed from me, soaking my clothes. Jaxon appeared before my eyes and then I realized that Jaxon shoot the person leaning behind my back. His uncle.

Jaxon stood above me and started laughing.

'' Come on you sissy. He just wounded you in the shoulder. You will survive. By the way, you didn't have to throw me so hard on the ground. it hurt."

Although the pain spread through my body like a hot wave, I laughed at him.

'' Give me your hand you dickhead and help me get up. It's time to go home. "

------------------

OMG, this is my sixth chapter for today. I really feel motivated to finish this story. :D :D :D