Chapter 6

Sana wanted to scream at the world. She wanted to ask the Almighty. Why did she have to lose her voice? Why did she have to live a life where she won't be able to express herself in words? Death would have been perhaps better than this one.

All these years, she had really never felt she lacked something. Her music and her parents were enough to make her feel complete. She had seen sympathy in the eyes of people. She has been rejected several times. Many have laughed and made fun of her behind her back. However nothing had ever broken her down. Rather she had tried and became successful in earning respect in their eyes with her work. 

When Sidharth left that morning, she was broken for the first time in years. The pain of losing her voice, again struck her heart. She was bleeding from inside.

Poonam and Santosh had asked her the reason behind Sidharth's sudden departure. Sana had cried her heart out, explaining what had happened. Poonam had tried to make her understand that maybe left because of some work. But nothing could stop the pain she was feeling right now.
It was heart wrenching to see your own child suffer. 

She had prepared herself for the rejection, at least that's what she thought. She had expected this but it felt so bad. 

Sidharth on the other hand was sitting on the bed, with his hands on his head. He knows he has made a blunder back in her house. He shouldn't have left like that. But he couldn't stand there looking at her. It had pained him a lot, listening to her reality. He is losing something and he is living in fear of the inevitable future. Imagining a life without voice was really too much for him.

Sana was sitting in the park a few meters away from her home. She felt a brief walk would uplift her mood. But sitting here alone, watching the world cheer, laugh and enjoy was making her feel even more pathetic. Her mind was still engrossed with the incidents of the day when she heard a voice.

"Can I sit here?"

She turns to see Sidharth standing. He wears a black hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses. He stands there grinning at her. Sana turns her face and she stands up. She starts walking towards the exit when he holds her wrist.

"Please listen to me. Shehnaaz.", he says.
Sana was in tears by now, she tried to release herself from his hold. She signs,"Leave me."
"Please just give me a minute..", he says.

The people in the park stop by and say, "What is happening? Are you alright?"
"Are you okay beta? Is he harassing you?"
"Who are you?"
"Hey, leave her wrist

Sidharth tries to explain that he knows her and he is trying to talk to her. But finding Sana crying, they were not ready to believe. 

"Hey you! Leave the girl alone."
"How dare you harass a girl!"
"Call the police! Get him arrested."
"No, let us teach him a lesson. We will break his hand."
They all rant, not allowing him to speak. Sana shakes her head, to tell them that he is not harrasing her.

Suddenly one of the young girls, says,"Hey, isn't he Sidharth! OMG!"
They surround him and Sana leaves the place finding this opportunity.

"What happened hero? Why are you looking so upset?", Sandip asks, coming into the room.
Sidharth lies on the bed, he pulls the pillow to cover his face.
"I am asking you something and you are covering your face. This is rude."
Sandip removes the pillow  from his face and says, "Stop sulking and tell me." 
Sidharth looks at him and then tells him everything.

"Hmm.. So are you hurt that she is mute. Disappointed?", Sandip asks.
"Are you crazy Sandy? Dissapointed? How can I be disappointed? I am.. upset for her. How painful it must have been for her? I left only because I couldn't tolerate thinking about her pain. ", he replies sitting up.
Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair and says,"I live in fear. A fear of how I will survive without..."
Sandy touches his shoulder and Sidharth continues,"I could feel what she must be feeling. "