Chapter 9

Sidharth waits near the car. He is nervous. Although this is not an official date, yet it is the closest he can get. He wears black t-shirt with a black jacket. The door opens and Sana comes out of the house. Sidharth stands there still with his mouth open. She looks stunning in a white cold shoulders tight fitted dress. She pairs it with diamond studs and a light bracelet, a silver sling bag and white pumps. Her hair is left loose, her bangs covering her eyebrows. She completes her look with smokey eyes and red lipstick.

Sana comes closer and smiles at him. But he is lost in her dazzling beauty. She uses her finger to lips his jaw to close his mouth.

"Sorry!"
"For what? You seem lost. Are you alright?"
"Never better. You look.. gorgeous. Wow!"
She mouths thank you.
He opens the door and let's her sit inside before running towards his side and sitting in.

All the way he keeps stealing glances. She notices everything, just smiles.
They arrive at the restaurant at a five star hotel. Sidharth had already booked a table near the pool side for more privacy.

"You are really looking stunning."
"You have already told me that."
"Yea, but I really want to say that again. You are looking amazing. White really suits you."
Sana smiles.

They sit silently for a few minutes as the waiter gets them their drinks and starters.
"I don't know why but I feel.."
"Awkward?"
"Not exactly but nervous."
"Nervous? Why ? Are you going to propose to me or what?"

Sidharth gazes into her eyes and says," The guy who will be yours will be the luckiest."
"Really? In Spite of the fact that he will never hear my voice?"
"It does not matter. You are beautiful. Not just your exterior but also from inside. You have a beautiful heart. You are such a talented person. Just a tiny thing should never stop you from getting your true love."

"So you say that I can be lucky to get true love?"
"No, the guy who will get your love will be lucky."
"And who will be that guy?"
"What?"
"Do you know who will be that guy who will be my love?"
Sidharth stays silent and Sana says, "You are okay with it then. I mean you have no problem if someone loves me and I love him back. Tell me?"
"Shehnaaz..."

"Tell me? Will you help me meet him, arrange date nights, and marry him?"
"No. I can't.."
"Why?"
Sidharth grabs her hands, "I can't because I can't see you with anyone else."
"What are we Sidharth? Just friends or something else? Why can't you see me with anybody else?"
"I don't know what we are. But you mean the world to me. You are not just my inspiration, you are my life."

Sana smiles, "Don't stop Sidharth."
Sidharth cups her face, "The day I heard your music, I was attracted to you. I felt a connection, I felt I knew you. And the day we met, remember this was the place. I was holding your wrist and I saw you. My heart knew I had to meet you again. I don't have words, Shehnaaz, to tell you what you are for me. I don't have words to express my feelings for you. But I can just tell you this much, you are the best thing to happen for me."
Sana raises her hand and signs, "I love you."
Immediately his face breaks into a smile, "You do? You love me? I.. I love.. "

His words trail off and he removes his hands from her face.
"What happened? Tell me you love me too. Sidharth?"
"Shehnaaz, we can't be together.. we can't.."
Sana immediately gets up and starts walking towards the exit.
"Shehnaaz, stop. "

Sidharth runs and grabs her hand as she reaches the parking lot. She removes her hold and starts to walk again. He again holds her and pulls her closer.
"Shehnaaz, listen to me please."
"There is nothing to listen to any more. I get it. You love me but you are ashamed to tell the world that. "
"What? No."
"You said such big things but you yourself are embarrassed to show a mute girl as your girlfriend."
"Just stop it there. What's with this mute thing? I am not embarrassed at all. I can stand on the top of the world and scream that I love you and you are just mine."