Chapter 8

Sidharth stands near  the bed. He has no idea where to go. His mother comes in and finds him standing near the bed.
"Sid? Why are you standing like that? Go and get fresh. It is already late." 
"Mom, where are you? Can you open the curtains properly?"
She opens them, "What are you saying? Now go."
He turns towards her and says, "Mom, please come here." 

Sumitra Devi comes closer and Sidharth grabs her hands tightly.
"Sid, what is wrong? You are sweating so much! Are you feeling sick."
She makes him sit down and she sits beside him.
Sidharth takes some time to get back to his normal self. He turns towards his mother and stares at her for a moment.
"Sid?"
"Mom, I didn't know where to go. I was.."
Sumitra Devi wraps her arms around him and tears flow out of their eyes.

Sidharth gets startled with a touch on his shoulder. He turns to find Sana standing beside him.
"Where were you lost?", she signs.
Sidharth shakes his head to say it's nothing.
"You are thinking about something. I can feel that. Tell me please."
"It's nothing. Let's start."

Sidharth picks up his guitar and starts to tune it. Sana comes closer and holds his hand.
"Sidharth, you know something. Our connection is far more than just our music. I.. like you. And I know you too like me. Isn't it?"
Sidharth smiles and puts his palm on her cheek,"I.. I can't tell you what you are for me. Yes I like you, more than just a friend. Yes, our connection is not just restricted to our music."
I love you..
"I can tell you are upset, worried about something. What is it?"
Sidharth opens his mouth to say something but stops.

"It is just that we have our recording in a few days. I am a bit nervous. I am staying busy with shows and recordings. We don't get much time for practice."
Sana laughs,"You are so experienced and you are talking like this. Just think about me, I am so naive, inexperienced. I should be the one getting nervous."
"I just want everything to be perfect. It is too much pressure. You will not understand."

On the day of recording they both arrive at the studio together. Sana keeps directing everything with the help of music arranger and Sidharth becomes her translator. With time things start getting easy for Sana and the people she works with. Simple signs and nods of head become the way to communicate with everyone. Sidharth sits back and watches everything, mesmerized by her. 

She looks so happy. I could die right now just to keep that smile on her face. Oh! I am going crazy about her. I wish! I just wish!

No one can tell that she has something missing in her. She is more, much more than each one present in that room. How can she be like that? I need to learn that art. I really do. Can I ever behave normally with everyone when I..

I don't know about my future. I just want to live this moment. Capture that beautiful smiling face in my mind to cherish forever. 
I wish I could hold her in my arms and whisper I love you, right now. 
I love you Shehnaaz!

Sidharth enters the recording room and puts on the headphones. His eyes search for her. And like reading her mind, she appears in front of her. Their eyes meet and she smiles. The music starts and taking a deep breath he starts to sing.

As they return, he takes her to his studio in his house, holding her wrist. He runs his fingers over the keys of the synthesizer, making a weird tune.
Sana signs, "Have you gone crazy?"
Sidharth grabs her arms and turns her around, "Yes baby! I have gone crazy. I am so happy.."
Sana mouths, stop it, her head is reeling.

Sidharth stops and starts to laugh, "You have no idea what this day means to me."
"Hello! It was my first recording and you are behaving like it's yours."
"True! You should scream with excitement!"
Sana looks at him and he holds his ears,"Sorry!"