Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Klaus keeps me by him as he looks at his brother in shock. Elijah is using a white handkerchief to clean off the blood from his hands from killing Daniel.

"You both look surprised to see me. So it wasn't either of you that removed the dagger from my chest?"

Klaus took a step away from me, walking over to his drinks, "You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

"Aislinn, leave," Elijah said, never breaking eye contact with his brother.

I looked between the two, "No." I walked over, taking a step between the two, "Elijah, he didn't mean it. He was going to undagger you. We just got you back."

Elijah vamp sped towards us, pushing me out of the way as he attacked Klaus. He threw him into the next room, breaking a mirror and table. Klaus stood up, glancing over at me and seeing the nerves in them.

Klaus sighed and looked at his brother, "Easy. I just finished renovating." He rushes into Elijah, causing him to crash into a side table and break it. "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family."

Elijah attacks him again, and Klaus is knocked against a coffin. He opens the one next to it, undaggers Kol who is lying inside, rushes to Elijah and holds him against a closed coffin by his throat. He holds the dagger up threateningly.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

"Klaus, stop!" I say and rush over, putting my hand on his shoulder. "If you dagger him your just prolonging another fight."

Elijah glances at me for a moment before looking at his brother, waiting for him to make a move.

With a sigh, Klaus lowers the dagger, releasing Elijah, "Mikael is dead."

"What did you say?" Elijah asks, surprised as he stands up.

"I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone Elijah. Forever."

Elijah gestured to the coffins, "Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century."

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them."

I spoke up, "He had you and the others. We just got everyone back but he still has the fourth coffin."

Elijah looked at Klaus, watching him nod in agreement before adding, "There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

Klaus places the dagger that was in Kol's chest back in its spot inside of him.

"Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again." He closes the coffin lid and looks at his brother.

Elijah turns, pacing slightly before sighing and looking at Klaus. "Very well brother, I will hear what you have to say."

Both brothers along with myself sat at the table in the dining room as Klaus began to speak. He told of the time when they had turned into vampires and that he was the one who killed their mother. An action that still haunts him to this day. I could tell Elijah was hurt by his brother' words but seemed to take them and continue onward.

"Well, where is the last coffin?"

I spoke up, "Stefan still has it. He moved it; we don't know where it is."