' My Bestfriend '

A few days passed: you'd spent most of your time up on the rooftop eating, enjoying your own company away from everyone else.

It was dawning late, and instead of going to your usual clubs you decided to take some time to yourself on the schools rooftop.

The orange in the sky was melting into the ebony-black, dripping with different shades that only highlighted the silver stars.

Your expression eased at the sight, your feet dangling over the edge of the roof as you sat against the concrete curb, enjoying that rush of adrenaline whenever your eyes glanced down at the floor twenty meters below.

Your e/c eyes fluttered shut, a sigh escaping from your lower lip as you let the air consume your body.

Your blazer was tossed to the side, along with your bag. Your school socks were mostly rolled down with your sleeves rolled up comfortably.

You heard as the metallic door creaked, the silhouette of a figure beneath the moon light escaping and sharply inhaling at the sight of you.

You looked over your shoulder, your expression easing, "Hey, Hajime."

Iwaizumi nodded back in response, taking his blazer off, too, as he adjusted his uniform to match the warm air.
"What're you doing up here on your own, you loner?" He scoffed in a brooding tone, swiftly sitting beside you with his hands placed at either side of his thighs.

"I just wanted some fresh air, that's all.."

The Ace slowly breathed out, his eyes closing gently, "How are you? We haven't spoken in a few days."

You shrugged sheepishly, "Sorry, I hadn't realised."

His eyes widened a little at your bluntness, before he shook his head.

"You.. haven't broken up with him." He began with a sigh, placing his hand against your forearm as you shivered at his warm, delicate touch, "Why?"

"I'm.. still thinking about it."

You punched your arm lightly, shuffling his body a little closer to yours, "What's there to think about?"

"He's been my crush for the past three years.. I'm scared I'll end things before we have chance to get good, and that I'll regret it deeply."

He shook his head once more, a smirk now protruding from the corner of his lips, "You think too much into things."

"Mm." You lightly groaned, "Or maybe you think too little into things."

Iwa laughed under his breath, his hand extending to your thigh as his fingers traced patterns on your skin, "I really hope that you're not trying to insinuate that I'm dumb.." He paused for a few moments as you tilted your head, allowing your eyes to lock onto his, "You don't need a boyfriend, anyway."

"Is that so?"

He nodded with a beaming smile, "Of course not. Not whilst you have me around." His eyes widened before he glanced away, shaking his head, "Oikawa's an ass, too. Or at least, he is most of the time."

You rested your head against his shoulder, feeling his fingers brush against your shoulder, pulling you into a warm and genuine embrace.

He sighed against you, "Besides, the guy who wins your heart will be the luckiest guy in the world."

Your expression eased; your breaths filled with the scent of his addicting cologne.

Your head rested in the crook of his shoulder, his hand tracing patterns on your skin as you sighed, watching as the sun set a little more beneath the horizon.