Chapter 12 - Mission of Clues

Sometimes, we have to let go of what's killing us, even if it's killing us to let go

"Guys be safe," Toni reminds.

"Yeah we'll be fine," I assure her. "Okay we need to leave right now," I tell everyone. We head out to Chase's car and he drives away. Today is another beach day so teachers will assume we are at the beach rather than actually gone.

"How does she even know us," AJ asks as we drive.

"I don't know," I sigh leaning my head against the window. We better get her back. I can't lose her, not again. I feel a warm pressure on my thigh and look to see Chase's hand. I smile looking out the window.

"We're here," Chase says, pulling into the driveway of a house. I get out running to the door and knock on it a few times before someone answers.

"Walker," I greet him with a huge hug. He hugs back before I pull away.

"Do you have it?" I ask and he nods widening the door. We walk into his living room seeing a set up of tuxes and dresses.

"Gross. Which one's appropriate for this shit," I ask looking through the dresses.

"Any. There's heels on the shelf ," Walker shrugs. "Guys here are your tuxes. They should fit," he explains to the boys.

"I'm not wearing heels," I mention.

"It's formal," Walker reminds.

"Don't you have flats at least," I pout.

"Melanie only has heels," he says referring to his girlfriend.

"They won't see my shoes," I reply.

"Charmainley," Walker sterns. Everytime he uses my full name I know he's serious.

"Fine," I huff out picking out heels. "I'm going to go change," I take a dress and walk down the hallway to Walker's bathroom. It takes me ten minutes to slip on this huge ass dress. These things should come with maps.

When I walk out all the boys are dressed in their tuxedos. "If I could wolf whistle, I would," I comment walking over to Chase who is struggling with his tie.

"You look wow," he breathes out.

"I hope wow is good," I say tying his bow tie. I haven't tied one of these in ages.

"You look beautiful," he smiles.

"And you look handsome and done," I finish his bow tie that looks amazing.

"How'd you learn how to tie bow ties?" he asks.

"I used to do them for my dad all the time. At least I think I did. The memory is still kind of foggy," I laugh nervously. I probably seem weird not being able to remember much.

"This is to complete your look," Walker hands us masks.

"It's a masquerade ball?" I ask and he slowly nods.

"Did you not read the details," he asks.

"She just said to dress formally." I put my hand on my forehead. How am I supposed to find her. I sigh, taking a mask from Walker. Chase takes it from my hand, helping me put it on.

"I hate this," I mutter.

"You hate everything," Walker laughs sitting down on his couch.

"True but still. How do I look," I ask staring into the mirror.

"Bellissima," Walker says. It's beautiful in Italian.

"Conosci l'italiano?" Chase says, turning to Walker.