Chapter 13 - Sugar and Salt

Be careful who you trust. Salt and Sugar look the same.

I turn off my real phone at how weird it is. I'm getting two quotes on the same day. This never happens.

"Let's go this way," Shawn whispers and I follow him. We walk down a hallway and he opens a door leading to one of the bathrooms.

"What're we going to do?" He asks, closing the door.

"I don't know. There can't be many more tasks," I say, trying to think of something.

"Well we have masks on so chances are they won't notice us from far away. Just steer clear," I explain. He nods, fixing his black mask.

"You look like a black panther," I comment.

"I am one," he growls and I laugh at his playfulness. He opens the door and we bump into someone.

"Oh my god. You're cheating on your husband," Sarah exclaims before running off. I roll my eyes and grab Shawn's hand before continuing to walk down hallways.

•••

"Watch it," Shawn says before pulling me into his chest. A drunk old man stumbles onto the ground next to me from behind.

"Do you have like, spidey senses or something," I ask.

"Something like that," he mutters. A lady in a short cleaning maid outfit walks over to us with black envelopes. We take them from her and as she walks away I notice Shawn staring at her ass.

"Stop that." I smack his shoulder drawing his attention back to the envelopes. We each open them revealing task 4.

Task 4
Kiss in front of Sanders
After sit at table 4

"You're kidding," I say out loud. Talk about timing, Sanders walks down the hallway and Shawn grabs me by my waist and kisses me. I place my hands on his shoulder kissing him back. I hear a grumble followed by "crazy kids" before footsteps fading away. After a few more seconds Shawn backs away looking around.

"You're not a bad kisser," he comments.

"I don't know if that was a compliment or not but you aren't either I guess," I roll my eyes.

"I guess. Baby I'm the best kiss you've ever had. Admit it," he says. I push his shoulder and start walking back to the ballroom. Shawn suites behind.

Once we get back I sit down at a table where everyone is. I end up sitting next to Hendrix.

"How's it going," AJ asks.

"Shit," Shawn and I both say simultaneously before laughing out loud.

"What's the situation on Louis," Shawn asks.

"Him and his "gang"," Hendrix does air quotes around the word gang. "Haven't spotted us but they know Sanders," he finishes. The table goes silent for a while with everyone exhausted.

"What time is it? I'm so tired right now," I yawn.

"Close to midnight," Chase answers.

Black envelopes are placed down on our tables. We all grab ours with our name written in gold. It was white before that's odd.

Final Task
Meet in room 207 by midnight

"Room 207," Chase says.

"Same," AJ and I both say.

"We got kitchen. Right now," Shawn says, holding his card up. Hendrix and Shawn both get up and leave.