Chapter three

Hello everyone.

I hope you're all enjoying the story so far.

I just wanted to take a second to thank you all for the support!

I would appreciate it if you all left your thoughts in the comments section, and please vote!

Enjoy :)

*

*

*

*

*

Kaitlin

I was actually enjoying myself. Yes the party was crowed, but overall I was having a good time.

I looked over at dad and saw he was wearing his usual "serious" face. I smiled and continued mingling around.

**

It started getting late and everyone was still here. Now I was never one to complain about having a good time but come on people I would appreciate some peace and quiet right now.

Managing to sneak away was actually easy. Everyone was doing their own thing, and although I couldn't spot my dad I knew he snuck away to his office.

Dad used to love pack get togethers but that was before we lost mom.

I shook my head trying not to live in the past, but it really isn't as easy as it sounds.

*
*
*

Never in my life have I been so happy to spot my empty front lawn.

I smiled in victory and continued walking away from my house.

In front of me I could see a man walking away from my house.

Who the heck is he?

Why isn't he in the back with everyone else?

Maybe he isn't from our pack, or maybe he was invited and just doesn't like crowed areas.

I hoped he wouldn't recognize me.

I should have let him continue walking away, he hadn't picked up my scent which meant I still was unnoticed by him, but I was curious, and for some reason my wolf wanted him to see us.

"Who are you?" I called out.

The man stilled. He didn't respond at first, but when he turned around to face me he mumbled something.

I felt my heart beat speed up, I couldn't see every detail of his face, but in the moonlight I could see the frown he wore.

He cleared his throat, and I stiffened. I shouldn't be attracted to him, I don't even know who he is.

"I shouldn't be here. I'll be leaving now."

I could feel myself and my wolf feeling a bit down about the fact that he wanted to leave so quickly.

"No. Wait. Why don't you come join us in the back?"

What am I even saying? I was the one who tried getting away from the huge crowd.

"I can't. I'm sorry. I need to go."

I smiled at his apology, at least he wasn't being rude.

"Well can you at least tell me your name?"

The man turned around to leave, but I wasn't having it. I would at least get his name first then leave him alone. After all I am the daughter of an alpha, and I get my stubbornness from the man himself.

Stepping forward I placed my hand on his shoulder trying to prevent him from getting away.

The sparks that shot up my arm could only mean one thing.

I felt myself smile.

Never in my life would I have imagined we'd meet like this.

We both gasped, obviously neither of us expected this.

This man was my mate, and I would love him regardless because that's just what mates do.

*****

Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section and please vote!