Eleven

" I wonder what's wrong with him." I asked to no one as I watch Jason walk out the door.

" Why do you care, Jackson?" Damian rolled his eyes.

" Why don't you care, Wayne?" I rolled my eyes teasingly.

" Tch." Then Damian went back to his drawing. 

I smiled as I looked to Dick so make sure he saw my victory. But he wasn't paying attention, he has his eyebrows furrowed and was deep in thought. I mirrored him and tried to figure out what was going on in his head. I poked him in the arm which made Dick jump. He grabbed my arm, about to pull a move that Annabeth used to do to me. Before he could judo flip me, his eyes focused on me and he relaxed immediately.

After examining him, I saw that his nose was swollen and was beginning to bruise. Under his nose was a bit of dried blood. Furrowing my eyebrows deeper while I grab his chin, making him look at me. After moving his face around I touched his nose, " Who punched you?"

He winced and back away. I grabbed his arm, keeping him here, " What, no one."

" Right, none of my business." I laid back against the couch and was about to take my hand off Dick's when he moved it closer to me. I raised an eyebrow and looked down. Rolling my eyes, shrugging it off as Dick messing around.

" I believe it was Todd." Damian crossed his arms. I looked over to him to see he was glaring at us. His eyes glanced at mine and Dick's hands, almost like he was longing for something like that. Most people would have thought that he hated the contact because his eyes barely softened. I've seen Damian look at Tim and I when I mess around with Tim, playing with his hair, nudging him.

" Damian."  Dick groaned.

I laughed slightly, " Is that why he's pissed off?"

" Yeah, among other reasons." He said softly, closing his eyes and resting his head on the back of the couch.

" Todd is always pissed off." Damian sunk into the couch after staring at our hands.

" Good, because I thought it was something I did." I sighed quietly.

Dick frowned, " What would you have done?"

I realized my mistake, blushed and shook my head. " I don't know."

Dick nodded and shared a look with Damian, " Hmh."

" Tch."

I looked between the two of them before deciding that I wasn't supposed to know. Sitting back, I grabbed the remote, " Alright, what do you want to watch."

Damian didn't answer and Dick shrugged. I looked back and forth," If you don't want to watch anything we can play a game."

Since Damian didn't answer, Dick offered, " It's up to you."

" How about monopoly?" I suggested.

Damian looked at me, rolling his eyes. Saying that he wanted to play it. Dick shrugged, " I'm down."

" I call the ship!" I jumped up from the couch and ran to the cabinet. Bringing out the board game I put it on the floor, " Dick your the banker. I don't trust Damian enough."

" I wouldn't cheat." Damian said, sitting on the adjacent side of the board of me.

I glared my eyes playfully, and poked his arm, " That's what a cheater would say."

" Jackson, I do not engage in foul play." He growled. Crossing his arms and glaring at a spot on the wall in front of him.

" Why are you so formal. Relax." I smirk and watch as Dick sets up the board.

After going around the board a few times each, Damian or I might win. I had the most properties but the least amount of money and Damian had hotels on all properties that he has. Dick had all but one property mortgaged and had five dollars left.

" Dick, I'll give you a hundred dollars if I can have...I don't know what that says, the green one." I got out a paper bill and waved it in his face.

" Two hundred." He bargained.

" I don't have two hundred. One fifty." I grabbed three tens and a twenty since that's all I had.

Dick smirked and took it, then handed me the last green that I needed. After I took his green and rolled the dice, I landed on free parking. My eyes widened and I got the money from the middle. " Suck it!"

After Dick landed on Damian's property, he groaned and looked like he wanted to kick the board. I smiled and Damian clicked his tongue. " I'm done," The oldest man groaned, " I give up."

" Then all his properties go back up for sell." I smiled. After a few minutes of Dick trying to pull us away from he game, me and Damian getting more properties and wasting away all but seven dollars. Bruce comes in, taking in the scene. " Hey, Mr. Wayne, do you need something?"

" Um, yes. The boys and I are going on vacation for a week. You can leave early today and take the rest of the week off. We will be back Wednesday of next week so you will be needed Thursday."

" Oh, okay." I stood up, while Bruce walked away, " Let's say I won?"

" Tch," Damian shook his head, " No way, Jackson."

" Whatever," I ruffled his hair, " I'll see you Thursday, little dude."

Damian scrunched his nose and smacked my hand away, " I'm not little, Jackson."

He glared at me while I mimicked him, " Tch."

" Stop that." He whined.

I smiled, then started to put the game away, " Anyway, I got to get going and you need to pack."

" Very well. See you Thursday." Damian held his hands behind his back and nodded. As he walked out, I called to him, " Make sure Tim is packing."

Dick helped me put the game away and get ready to leave. As he walked me to the door, " Do you need a ride home?"

" No, it's fine. I like walking." I smile and open the door, " See you later."

" Hey, since I'm not going to work until tomorrow and your free all week, wanna do something today?" Dick asked, rubbing his neck.

I smirked, " Maybe. My apartment is pretty boring."

" What do you want to do?" Dick asked, stepping out of the door as well.

I was taken back a bit, then thought about it, I smiled sheepishly. " Something cheap or free."

Dick gave me a questioning look, " If I asked you to hang out, I pay for it."

I tried not to show my shock. Since almost all the Greek demigods are broke, we all pay for our own stuff so no one person has to pay for all the people they are friends with, " Yeah, exactly. I don't want to you waste a bunch of money on me."

" Trust me. It's my treat."

1140 words

6/1/21

Happy pride month, y'all are great.

Sorry I didn't update earlier but I had my finals (got a 87!) and I had a friend over and then watched Cruella. It was really good.

So what do y'all want to happed on their 'date?' Do y'all want Jason to intervene or for them to get a bit of peace and quiet with bonding?

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe