2| so am I

"IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THAT assembly get longer every year?" Lester Averman inquired with a whine laced in his tone as they all walked out of the Assembly Hall one by one. The group of hockey players all stuck together as they strolled through the hallways and out into the courtyard, making their way to one familiar bench they always sat at.

Maybe it was some dumb luck they had, or perhaps everyone thought it was their marked territory, but ever since they were freshmen, this bench belonged to them. Every hour of every day it had been vacant, nobody sitting there for some strange reason, except for them. It was their bench, and they counted their praises for it.

November Collins and Connie Moreau were the first to plant down on it, seemingly in their own world as they fixated their attention on the schedules in their hands, desperately trying to see how many classes they had together. Averman hopped over the back of the bench before falling into the place beside Nova, everybody else crowding around.

Adam Banks came up behind his girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her from behind the wooden seats despite her divided attention. His chin rested on her shoulder as he looked at the paper in her hands, his light breath brushing up against her neck. Subconsciously, the girl's tense composure softened in his hold.

"Three... four- FIVE!" Connie suddenly shrieked, snapping her gaze up excitedly to look at the girl beside her, "five classes, Nov! We have five classes together!"

"Are they stupid or something? There is no way you two will get any work done together," Averman quipped, looking past November to see Connie's sudden stern gaze. The girl glared at him as he snickered, but that soon came to an end.

"Ginger, I will end you," Connie spat, beginning to lunge towards him in an attack. However, as Averman flinched, Connie Moreau was held back by the firm hold of her boyfriend's arms, tugging her back into her seat and onto his lap.

Lester Averman flew out of his spot and backed away with a frantic look, standing as far from her as he could. "Calm down woman..." he grumbled. And Connie just stuck her tongue out at him.

November sighed, shaking her head with a small chuckle before she leaned her head back into Adam's chest, peering up to meet her boyfriend's eyes. Instantly, she grinned. "Hi," she let out airily.

Adam smiled at her and placed a small peck to her lip. "Hi," he whispered. He stared at her in admiration as she turned in her spot, standing up for a moment before sitting on the top of the bench to face him to where he stood between her legs. The girl wrapped her arms around his shoulders with a tired look.

"Please say we have classes together," she said softly as she tilted her head with a pout, "otherwise, I'm dropping out."

"If one of us is dropping out, it's going to be me," Adam chuckled, "I'll run away to Canada or something and play hockey there."

November forced a frown. "Dude," she grumbled in offence, "you're just going to leave me like that?"

"You did it to me," he shrugged. A small smirk tugged at Adam's lips as November's gaze fell flat. She gave him a bored look and glare.

"You know what," she began with a huff, "now I hope we have no classes together."

A chuckle escaped Adam's lips as Nova turned away from him, averting her gaze to the tree they sat next to as she kept her chin up and crossed her arms over her chest. Adam just kept his firm grip on her hips to refrain her from falling back off of the bench rest.

"I'm joking, Nov," he let out softly, grabbing her chin gently to turn her gaze back. His eyes held remorse as he smiled sweetly at her upon meeting her gaze, "you know I'd never leave you."