4| you know the deal...

NOBODY LIKED HISTORY CLASS. Ask any of the ducks in the past years if they had been excited to go to history and they would've flat out said no. Partially- mostly- because their old teacher, Mr Beznick, was so bad that he could may as well have been the devil's reincarnation.

November Collins was especially not fond of him from the moment she walked into his class in sophomore year. Although she knew that the old wanker had moved on in life, she couldn't help but feel a wave of distain as she slowly strolled into the classroom, her boyfriend basically having to push her in against her will.

"I'm going to kill somebody..." she muttered under her breath as she scanned the classroom that was progressively filling up. A frown was visible on her face and not even another step was taken before Nova sucked in a sharp breath and shook her head. The girl turned on her heel, facing the way out the door, "nope-"

"Yep." Adam Banks instantly nodded as he grasped his girlfriend shoulders and turned her back around, continuing to push her further into the class, "Nova, this is a need."

"Adam, this is not a need. This is torture."

Adam rolled his eyes, "that's a stretch, darling."

"It is totally not." The girl cast a glare up at him as they arrived at an empty table, setting her book down as he pulled out her chair for her. "I hate this class. I hope whoever is our new professor got stuck in traffic at lunch and got food poisoning."

"Nova!" Adam hissed. He took the spot next to her, watching her eyebrows draw together as she stared at him, "what-"

Although, it was already too late for the brunette girl to reply as they heard a loud, booming voice holler from across the classroom. "Adam Vincent Banks. Get out."

"That's what," Nova nodded with pursed lips, backing away to allow the two to settle their situation themselves.

Adam Banks huffed as he stared at the stomping girl coming towards him, "you are in my spot."

"Actually, there is no seating plan yet, Connie."

"Don't be a stubborn smart ass, Adam, we both know it never works in your favour." She peered up at him with a sympathetic look, making him stare at her in offence.

"I feel like that was supposed to be an insult..." he sighed, cautiously eyeing his girlfriend's best friend, "Connie, I'm not letting you win this time."

"It was never a competition, Adam," Connie shrugged, "I was just being nice for a change."

"You call this nice? Telling me to get out from the seat beside my girlfriend?"

Connie stared at him blankly for a moment before she shrugged again. "Fine," she huffed, quickly picked up the back of his chair, tipping him off before taking a seat. The girl pushed his bag off the table and let it fall to the floor, her eyes trailing it until it made a soft thump on the ground. She peered up at him with an innocent smile as she watched him stand from his spot on the ground, "I could've just done that instead."

Adam narrowed his eyes at her, slowly picking up his bag from the floor as he pressed his lips together in a line. "I hate you..." he grumbled before he darted his gaze over to November who was obviously trying to sustain her own laughter. "You too," he added, looking straight at her.

Nova scoffed. "You could never," she stated with a smirk as she sat back and crossed her arms over her chest.

She was right.

He knew that. She knew that. And even the spider in the corner of the room probably knew that. So all Adam could do was roll his eyes, huffing dramatically as she slung his bag over his shoulder before dropping it again, this time on the seat directly behind his girlfriend.

"I'll just sit with Charlie," he grumbled. However, just as the words slipped out of the blond boy's lips, his gaze darted to where his aforementioned best friend was taking a seat. Offence spread through his body as he caught Charlie's eye from table next to Connie, gasping as he sat down next to Hayden Burke.

"Dude!" Adam cried out, "bros before hoes man!"

Charlie gave him a stare. "Call my girl a hoe again and you won't have a bro," he told him before wrapping his arm around Denny's shoulders. The brunette boy shrugged, "sorry dude. Girlfriends. You know the deal..."

Adam's eyes narrowed, glaring over at Connie for a minute to see her flash him a cheeky smile. He scowled, "obviously not..." he grumbled under gritted teeth before he sunk into his chair, crossing his arms like a baby.

November turned to him, placing her arms on his desk. "It's okay babe," she reassured, "I won't be enjoying this class anymore than you will."

Adam frowned, "it would be better to be sitting beside you though... but someone-" Adam paused to kick Connie's chair, "-had to be a hog."

Connie instantly sent him a deadly stare.

"Oh no..." Guy Germaine suddenly spoke up as he appeared next to the empty spot beside Adam, fear in his eyes whilst his gaze darted between his friend and his girlfriend. "I know that look. Why is she giving you that look? You are aware that this is the same look predators give their prey, right?"

"I'm not afraid of her," Adam scoffed.

Guy just stared at him; almost in shock. "You should be."

Nova sighed, shaking her head. "Guy, would you just sit?" She asked, motioning to the empty chair behind Connie, "maybe it'll refrain them from killing each other... or- in other words- save Adam for death."

"Hey!"

Connie laughed, giving Nova a high-five as Guy willingly sat down. Although, before the conversation could go on any further, a voice spoke up from the front of the room. A frantic one at that.

"So sorry I'm late class. Isn't it the worst when you're in the middle of making your coffee when suddenly you realise your class started seven minutes ago, HOWEVER! you just started making your coffee so you think hmm... my class can wait... but then forget it's the first day and you might as well just get fired right then and there?"

The professor spoke almost like a narrator. He rambled on and on, naturally getting everyone's attention as his disorganised self sorted himself out.

He was a young man, obviously catching the eye of every young woman in that classroom, with dark, messy brunette hair and brown eyes that accompanied a set of black reading glasses which he had taken off and placed at the edge of his desk.

He sported a grey knit pullover that sat on top of a light blue polo shirt, fitting to the typical teacher outfit. Except on him, it was almost like it would be something he wore to the mall, or to dinner, or to golf (because he definitely looked like the type to enjoy some nice golf).

"Alright," he clapped, finally getting his stuff together before he leaned back on his desk with a charming smile, "shall we begin?"

Everyone watched as he slapped down a little name tag at the edge of his desk, right next to his glasses. Their eyes all darted to the tiny print of it.

Mr Andrew Parker

Nova turned to Adam, a little grin playing on her lips.

"I lied," she whispered, "I think I might enjoy this class a little more now..."

BRYNN SPEAKS
short ass chapter but HEY! AT LEAST IM BACK :)

im still going through some post Spider-Man nwh depression right now... im Fragile... i rewatched tasm 1&2 six times in the past two days it's not okay.

NWH literally re-summoned 8 year old me and my love for andrew & Dane dehaan. Okay bye.

✌🏻