{pieces of existence}

✦✦✦

I woke up like any other day, with my nightmares waking me up. I stopped to look at the clock ticking on the wall, I was very late.

Brushed my teeth, took a bath, ate the toast, got out of the house, the usual hassle in the parking lot, reached my workplace, worked there, came out of the building, looked back, and BOOM!

Everything fell apart. My face, my eyes, my whole body started coming apart.
Stopped, screamed, nothing came out. Whispered, hit my head on any place I could find to get a sense of this reality.

Screamed again, this time it came out, but it wasn't mine. Moved closer, he was right there, curled up in a ball, asking for help. I moved towards him, but when I touched him, he disappeared.
Called out "come here, i am not going to hurt you". He didn't come back. Looked around, everyone was screaming, but nothing came out. No voices force even the silence of a person to make noise.

I screamed again, this time it came out but in pieces. Pieces of my existence.

The boy reminded me of me, and my memories of those days, the days when I didn't get up in case he was there, the days I stayed inside all day, hungry and dirty. I did all of this, and I know it.
If I didn't listen to him, everything would be alright. Because I made it happen, I forced the world to get destroyed like this. Like my memories, one by one.

Because in the end, the world did not end in a bang, or a whisper, but rather, one scream at a time. Those screams coming from everyone but being mine, because I drowned in pieces trying to save him.

✦✦✦

-about-

This is probably the first prose that I wrote, and it is based on the prompt "The world did not end in a bang, or a whisper, but rather, one scream at a time."

The only reason that I've published this is that I like the words, albeit them having no meaning. It's pretty much one of the worse things I've written because I don't think I have justified the prompt enough, but I still like it because these are the weird write-ups that have made my writing improve. If any of the readers have a suggestion of what they perceive this to be, they can always comment here.

P.S. I don't know how, but the picture above is how I imagined the scene in the prose to be. It's incredible how I found this picture. *teehee*

-anyways, thanks for reading, people!! do vote and comment if you liked it-

✦✦✦