𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 20

Cade's POV

The sky was very dark and it was raining heavily.

Other delinquents was holding up some sort of tarp and keeps screaming commands, "Hold it back!" One of them said.

More muffled shouting is heard, I saw Clarke, standing at the edge of camp, looking into the storm.

While I can hear Raven's voice in the background, "This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station." She said as her voice started to become more desperate.

"Come in Ark Station. This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station. Please come in." She said and muttered something under her breath.

"Please, please. Can anybody hear me?" She said when one of the delinquents came up and asked me.

"Are you sure you have the right frequency?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said forcefully as I adjusted the antenna of the radio to help Raven find a better frequency.

"Raven?" I paused as she looked at me.

"You can do this. Okay?" I said to her as she gave me a small smile and nodded and went back to fixing the radio.

"Calling Ark Station. Ark station. Please come in. I'm on the ground with the hundred." She said.

"We need you." She quietly said making only the both of us hearing it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Abby's POV

"Thefts of medical supplies. Illegal salvaging. Unauthorized ship launch. Pirating the Ark's comm systems. Each of these crimes is punishable by death, but that will not be your fate today."Kane said as I stood there before the council, as soon as I heard I wasn't going to be punished I let out a relieved expression, that's when a radio static was heard.

"What was that?" A man said as he looked around.

"Never mind. It was argued, convincingly, that your medical expertise is still required." Kane said.

"Thank you." I said looking towards Jaha.

"It wasn't me." He said as I looked around surprised.

"The council's vote was nearly unanimous. Apparently, Jake's message woke their inner angels as well." He said as I motioned to sit down on the table when Jaha stopped me.

"Not so fast." Jaha said as he pulled my arm.

"We need to talk about those flares." I said.

"No, we don't."

"You saw them too. We can't just ignore what we all know it means."

"We don't know what it means."

Kane said as he joined our conversation,

"It means, that there is somebody alive on Earth. It means that our children might still be alive." I said looking at Kane.

"More false hope." He said when radio noises continues, making several of the council members look up.

"Abby, those flashes could have been anything. Lightning, radiation in the atmosphere." Kane said making Jaha nod.

"And in any case, whatever they were, that's a matter for the council to decide. And you are no longer on the council." Jaha said as I looked up at him in surprise, he gets up and walk towards me.

"Abby, your life has been spared. But you've been stripped of your seat at this table, effective immediately. Your pin." He said as he held out his hand, I took off my council pin, remaining eye contact with Jaha the entire time, that's when radio noise comes back, but even stronger this time.