Chapter 1

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me
-The Killers

MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18++

⚠️⚠️ book has triggers. Mentions rape, abuse, suicide & violence ⚠️⚠️

Betrayal.

Such a simple word with such heavy meaning.

Betrayal can be used to describe my whole entire existence, since I was forced into this world.
An uninvited and unloved child, never meant to fit in anywhere.

My mother was an omega in the Novilunium Pack.
She had jet black hair, that fell just above her waist. Her skin was a rich mocha and she had perfect green eyes. I've heard they were the deepest emerald and looking into them was like looking into the heavens itself. It was though Aphrodite herself came and bestowed her blessing upon my mother.
She was a beautiful dark brown wolf with white fur that coated just under her belly, or so I've been told.
I've never met my mother because she died giving birth to me.

Wolves who have pups that aren't by their mates, are more at risk for complications. It's rare that the pups even make it to birth, but those few who have, usually died immediately after.
My mother was raped and beaten by a rouge wolf, leading to an unwanted, complicated pregnancy.

The rouge wolf had killed her mate when he attempted to save her, leaving her and her wolf broken.

Shattering a mate bond is worse than death, they say it's comparable to being stabbed with 1000 knives that have been coated in wolfsbane.

Immediate, intense pain, followed with a slow antagonizing burn that consumes your soul.

Shifting back into her human form, my mothers screams pierced the night sky. Clutching on to her dead mate, she sat frozen in shock.
The rouge stalked his prey, watching her with his hollow amber eyes, waiting for the moment to attack.
A deep growl escaped from his chest, he shifted out of his wolf form and in that very same second the sky began to weep for the events taking place.
The deranged man grabbed on to the woman laying in front of him, that is when he sealed his fate to her and to me

She attempted to kill her pup by taking her own life, but her wolf was stronger than the human side, and wouldn't allow it. Five agonizing months later; I, Octavia Johnson, by no choice of my own, joined this cruel world.

My beautiful mother couldn't handle the guilt and shame that would follow after my birth, so, while her wolf was weak from the delivery, she successfully returned back to our Moon Goddess and her Mate, the Man I wish was my father.

The complicated pregnancy caused me to be smaller  than the average pup, so naturally everyone thought I was a burden to the pack. A disease that was plaguing the pack and from that day forward I would never be accepted or loved.

In the history of our pack and those in America, there has never been a successful, documented live birth of a bastard pup born from a mated she-wolf. I am the first, and probably only pup that survived being born by a man who wasn't mated to my mother.

I don't know why the Moon Goddess picked me, why she let me survive and my mother had to leave. I wish my fate could be anything other than being born into such a cruel pack.