Chapter 7

It might've been a nightmare
To anyone who might care
-Billie Eilish

For years the Elite have tortured me. Never wasting a second to make sure my life is absolutely miserable. Amplifying their tactics now that it's our last month in school. It's like they know the second this is over, I'm leaving. But they can't know, if they know, then I'll die.

I am Juda's personal punching bag. By his hand alone, I've had 4 broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and I've lost count of the concussions. I try to stay out of his way, to avoid them at all costs. Unfortunately, its  like they have a tracking device on me, no matter what I do.

He finds me.

SMACK.

Something hard hit the back of my head, then its  followed by laughter from the Elite squad.

Fuck my life

I look down to see what it was that hit me, a book.

I freeze when I notice Juda walking towards me.

Why wasn't I faster, If I didn't go to the bathroom before my locker I could have just avoided this.

I'm so stupid.

"Look at the little mutt, disgusting" Juda spits out. He's inches from my face. For a second I smell something that piques my curiosity. A hint of something sweet, but just barely. I try to sniff again but he grabs my face. How could I have been so stupid.

Try to sniff him. What the heck was I thinking

"Look at me when I'm talking to you filthy mutt"  he commands. Even though he's not Alpha yet, he still has more than enough Alpha blood to command someone weak like me.
I have no choice but to look into those piercing eyes.

"Why are you still here, mutt. Why won't you just lay down and die. Go jump into the river or cut open those weak wrists and bleed out. That's all you are good for you weak pathetic slut" he says, almost whispering in my ear. I shiver as I try not to think about the effect it's having on my body. It feels like electricity under my skin where his hand is latched on my arm. The more force he uses, the more tingles shoot up my arm.

Tears swell in my eyes.

"Aw the little Mutt is going to cry" I hear Jessica say, while the rest of the Elite laugh.

Juda smirks, he's holding my arm, pinning me against the lockers. His minions laughing even harder now. He leans in closer, so close I can smell that sweet scent again. It goes straight to my brain, confusing me and making me forget what he's even doing.
What kind of cologne affects wolves like that, I need to run.
I need fresh air so I can come back to my senses.

SMACK

Pain swells in my cheek, the tears start to fall. I can't blink them away, a metallic taste pools in my mouth. He slapped me.

SMACK, again

The other cheek swells. This time it was a backhanded slap.

"Don't let me see you tomorrow night, at my party, or you will regret it. You don't know pain, yet. If I see you tomorrow, you will wish that you were dead by the time I'm finished with you" he says, eyes locked in to mine.

He tightens the grip on my arm one last time before letting go, tingles buzzing, finally ceasing when he lets go. He walks back over to Jessica and grabs a fistful of her hair, then pulls her in to for a kiss. His gaze never leaves mine, he never even blinks.
She's moaning and wraps her hands around his neck, while his other hand grabs her ass. He pulls away and smiles, still locked onto my eyes, like he's trying to prove something to me.

I fall to the ground and the sobs finally escape.

I wish I were just a bit stronger. If I had my wolf, things would be easier. I wouldn't take so long to heal, I would be able to stand the abuse better. Most importantly, I won't be alone anymore.

Little does anyone know, that tomorrow is also my birthday.